charvel ST 2 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvel ST 2 ?

Hi Guys and Dolls, I'm wondering if you can help me.
    I've had this Charvel since new-I seem to remember being given it a long time ago. Used to use it out live quite a lot, but went away from it.
    I "THINK" it's a Charvel ST 2, if there is such a model. At least, ST and 2 , plus a number 43 mark are in the neck cavity. A friend said it was an ST Custom.
    Anything you can tell me about it would be a bonus.
    What I'm really after is- The trem is a bit corroded, especially the pivot posts, which are also internaly stripped where the hex key goes.-I have that old acid skin thing. Has anyone any idea where I could get a replacement trem? It's stamped Gotoh, but I'm presuming that they don't make them any more?

Here's a pic of it

Thanks for listening-I appreciate it
    Billy Edwards

It's an ST Custom.

Made in Japan

Pickups: 4-Jackson J200 Stacked Humbuckers

Controls: 1-Vol, 1-Tone, 1-Mini Toggle Phase Switch, 5-Way Blade switch

Tremolo: Vintage fulcrum

Body wood: Ash

Fretboard: Rosewood

Neck: Maple

Scale: 25.5"
    Occupy JCF

Comment

For replacing the tremolo, take measurements and check Stew-Mac. (http://www.stewmac.com)
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks a million, Tekky. I really appreciate your time. That's great info.
        I'll check out stewmacs as well.

Comment

this is an stx custom,has a schaller.I think this one was Japan and European market only?
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Americanized!
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Lovely bevie of beauties, John!!! Did you retrofit the Shaller to it, before "American-izing" it? Is it one of these?
              http://cgi.ebay.com/Schaller-guitar-...3A1%7C294%3A50

Notice you've also put a locknut on?

Comment

No they came that way,its original to the guitar.

Comment

I'm going to have to do a bit of digging, i think. If i can't get an original, I think i'll try one of those Schallers. Thanks, John.

Comment

this guitar had it on it from the factory,there are st's and there stx's a few diff'er in the hardware. mine came with charvel stamped schaller, locking nuts. I just put a warmoth single hum, single vol pickgaurd on it,with a Kramer quadrail.

Comment

it has a full Route for it,your looks to be routed for something else?

Comment

It's probably because I have the trem claws locked right back in the cavity, bringing the Gotoh back on it's back a bit, rather than fully floating. When it's set up to float it looks like it "should" be the right trem on it. Tuning was quite unstable without locking tuners. But-I'm not sure if this was in it originally. It was factory fresh when i got it,I think, but perhaps it's a German-spec'd one?

Comment

Yes, ST Custom and STX are two different animals. The STX was also available in the US.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by billkath1 View Post
                            It's probably because I have the trem claws locked right back in the cavity, bringing the Gotoh back on it's back a bit, rather than fully floating. When it's set up to float it looks like it "should" be the right trem on it. Tuning was quite unstable without locking tuners. But-I'm not sure if this was in it originally. It was factory fresh when i got it,I think, but perhaps it's a German-spec'd one?
                            Yes, that tremolo is the original equipment.

The "German-spec'd one" is in reference to the tremolo on the STX which is the Jackson JT590. It is basically a Schaller Floyd Rose with the Charvel or Jackson branding on it. Yours is actually a Gotoh ABM Fulcrum Tremolo. (http://www.allparts.com/store/guitar...10,Product.asp)
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Mine is an stx custom,says so right in the neck pocket.and the only one I have seen just like it,was on a german web page and what it said[ fuck if I know?????]
                              Last edited by john.w.lawson; 04-11-2009, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X