charvel ST 2 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
    Yes, that tremolo is the original equipment.

The "German-spec'd one" is in reference to the tremolo on the STX which is the Jackson JT590. It is basically a Schaller Floyd Rose with the Charvel or Jackson branding on it. Yours is actually a Gotoh ABM Fulcrum Tremolo. (http://www.allparts.com/store/guitar...10,Product.asp)

With that route, I would go with the Floyd 2 bridge and get some locking tuners. Unless you just want to keep it original.
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I was thinking of keeping it fairly original. I was thinking that if i could get a stainless steel trem, that'd be good, given that I rot metal with a single touch! But-It's not that important. It's not really a guitar i want to part with-I love the action and playability of it, and it hasn't needed more than a couple of tweaks since new.
      Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
      With that route, I would go with the Floyd 2 bridge and get some locking tuners. Unless you just want to keep it original.

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
        Yes, that tremolo is the original equipment.

The "German-spec'd one" is in reference to the tremolo on the STX which is the Jackson JT590. It is basically a Schaller Floyd Rose with the Charvel or Jackson branding on it. Yours is actually a Gotoh ABM Fulcrum Tremolo. (http://www.allparts.com/store/guitar...10,Product.asp)
        Great news, Trekky- Thank you. And with the Dollar and Stirling being so weak at the moment, that's not too expensive at all. I wouldn't imagine the resale value is that much either, these days,(?) so I'd like to get it back to where it was, or close-ish.

Comment

Well brotha, I have had a few guitars in the last year,But after I put the humbucker in this one it sounds and plays better than most.[already played better]Gonna put a blue scream'n demon in it,my model1 has one in it and they sound great to me,with my current set up.Good luck with your updating or whatever you turn out doing to her! there are not alot of these around!
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Working...
          X