New Score! Model 4 (Sorta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Score! Model 4 (Sorta)

I posted this once and I think I screwed up because it never showed up so if this post is doubled, I apologize.

I know this is Technically a Mutt with a 475 neck. but it's a pretty sweet guitar. The trem is crap, but I'll block it until I can do something with it. Maybe I'll look for an actual model 4 neck somewhere down the road but for now, I like!

Prosecutors will be violated...

Looks nice!
    Isn't that a Schaller trem?
    Reminds me of my model 4 mutt... white with schaller trem and a 375 neck (which I really dig, due to the Floyd-style locking nut).

Neato color too!!!
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
      Looks nice!
      Isn't that a Schaller trem?
      Reminds me of my model 4 mutt... white with schaller trem and a 375 neck (which I really dig, due to the Floyd-style locking nut).

Neato color too!!!
      Yep, Schaller heads too. It needed setup really bad when I got it. I did the best I knew how, but the Schaller trem just doesn't want to return to where it's suppose to. May take it to my tech next week and see if he can do anything with it, but for now, it stays locked.

I got the original Chainsaw case with it too. It needs a little work, but it's in pretty good shape. It's a case after all.

I love the color.. It's so 80s! The sharkies on the neck are awesome too. The pics don't do em justice.
      Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 04-11-2009, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I had a similiar problem when I swaped a JT6 with an original Floyd and tried to use the old bridge posts. This was resolved when I bought some FR posts from "budman" (he's a member here).

Here's the part: http://www.fretsonthenet.com/JT6trempostsnew.JPG

Here's the page:
        http://www.fretsonthenet.com/hardwar..._Tremolo_Posts

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
          I had a similiar problem when I swaped a JT6 with an original Floyd and tried to use the old bridge posts. This was resolved when I bought some FR posts from "budman" (he's a member here).

Here's the part: http://www.fretsonthenet.com/JT6trempostsnew.JPG

Here's the page:
          http://www.fretsonthenet.com/hardwar..._Tremolo_Posts
          Thanks, I was actually looking at the posts last night thinking they didn't look like they fit quite right. That, and the spring claw in the back is not stationary. I will wiggle if you push on it. I'm going to look into both of those and may just fix the whole thing.

Comment

Ok, I had a chance to sit down with this guitar for awhile last night. I gave it a really good setup, took the bridge off and cleaned it up, reset it onto the posts and it seems to be staying in tune alot better. Not as well as the OFR on my other Charvel, but pretty well considering. I'm going to restring it today and maybe that will help more. It still has the strings the the PO had on it, no telling what they are or how old. Looks like I'll be looking into getting and OFR for this one before I get one for the DK2 but all in all it's usable for now.

The electronics seem to be in good shape. The tone is a little thinner than I expected, but it's ok, I'm basically going to be using this one for the 80s metal stuff so I don't really need beefy. Maybe I'll break my old eq pedal out and see what I can get with that..

Over all I love the way this guitar feel and plays. Definately a shredder
            I was thinking about finding somebody that can do some pin striping and have some ghost flames put on it. I think that would look good on this finish and besides, you can never go wrong with flames IMO.

Comment

I'll be looking into getting and OFR for this one before I get one for the DK2 but all in all it's usable for now.
              Try getting the posts from budman first and maybe replace the blades. Schaller makes the OFR for floyd rose so you are not going to get a better quality trem.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                Try getting the posts from budman first and maybe replace the blades. Schaller makes the OFR for floyd rose so you are not going to get a better quality trem.
                Rich's advice is solid.

That's a very classy looking Model 4. Looks to be in pretty good shape too. Nice score!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
                  I will wiggle if you push on it.
                  TMI bro and I don't want to know what you'll do if you pull on it. :ROTF:
                  Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
                    TMI bro and I don't want to know what you'll do if you pull on it. :ROTF:
                    Hey now.. I can't play guitar and type too.. I have to pick one or the other and playing guitar is more fun. So you'll just have to live with the typos.. I do!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                      Originally posted by Razor View Post
                      Rich's advice is solid.

That's a very classy looking Model 4. Looks to be in pretty good shape too. Nice score!
                      I will definately do that. Wouldn't hurt to change thm out regardless. Thanx guys

Comment

I like the color, I wouldn't mess with it! +1 to the Schaller being a great trem. Don't mess with that either!

Comment

Working...
                        X