Gotcha! Charvel Model 2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotcha! Charvel Model 2...

Check out what i got last week... kind o´expensive for the state... (a war veteran look guitar) can you guys comment some data about this guitar? any tip for modification or something.
    also date of manufacturing the serial 38xxxx well...
    thanks a lot.

Looks like a very nice '87-'88 Model 2.

As to mods they are pretty sweet guitars stock. I have a Model 2 mutt that I love. It has a Schaller Floyd, Bill Lawrence L-500XL pickup and a Model 4 neck on it (I like sharkies). Customize it however you like.

Sol

Comment

i thought to swap the PU for a Seymour Duncan JB and make the mod in the neck space for a single (dimarzio HS3)... the bridge can wait a little bit more.

Comment

swap the pup and the bridge if you must.. but dont butcher it.. these guitars should be sacred ;-)

Comment

I have never seen a Model 2 in that color. According to the Catalog scans that color wasn't available till 88. I like it and it look s pretty clean to me.
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
            I have never seen a Model 2 in that color. According to the Catalog scans that color wasn't available till 88. I like it and it look s pretty clean to me.

yea looks like a refinish,also looks to have a jt-580:think:
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Nice Model 2! I think in '88 they had the recessed trem cavity cover. looks like Jt6 tuners to me. post some better pics. If it turns out to be the original paint/color then I say don't butcher it. If not hack away!

Comment

Last edited by scotty; 04-14-2009, 12:13 AM.
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

looks stock to me.. leave it alone.. or sell it and buy something with a pup config you want...

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                    yea looks like a refinish,also looks to have a jt-580:think:
                    That's definitely a JT6. Look at the tuners and their stick-out-the-back-of-the-trem-ness.

That thing appears to be in great condition. Nice buy!
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,
                    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Actually... the catalogue from audiozone mentioned the color as "Bungurdy Mist" the trem is a JT6 no recessed cavity.

anyways... what i like most of this guitar is this kind of "popping attack" i guess due to pocket neck and really less contact of the bridge with the guitar body. right?
                      well im just guessing...

Comment

post a pic of the back of the body. are the covers recessed?

Comment

No resseced back...

87? 88?

anybody knows?

Comment

Burgundy mist wasn't available until 88. But the differences between the Model 2 for either year are so miniscule it really doesn't matter.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

I have a Model 2 that plays just fantastic. The only mod I made on it (which is totally reversible to make it stock again) was putting in an EMG 81 pickup. I plays better than ANY OTHER Charvel or Jackson guitar I have. I say keep it stock, don't cut it up.
                              Guitars:
                              Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                              1988 Model 2,
                              Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                              RR3
                              Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                              1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                              2005 SG Special

Comment

Working...
                              X