My butchered Model 3A...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My butchered Model 3A...

Here is my old Model 3a. I bought it from a friend in the late 80's. It was a beauty in Pearl White.

Unfortunately due to an obsession with natural finishes due to Nuno Bettencourt, I stripped the paint off and I also messed the scratchplate up too.

Since then I also changed the Trem from the Kahler Fulcrum to a TRS-101.

I can't believe I butchered it like this. I put it down to being young and stupid. Hanging my head in Shame!

I am going to return this guitar to its former glory very soon. A respray to pearl white being first.

I am wondering if there is a place that I can get charvel parts?

I will need a new scratchplate/pick Guard, Strap pins, Volume knobs etc.

I am going to put in a Seymour Duncan Jeff Beck in the bridge position and an SH-2 Jazz in the neck position.

Should the bridge pickup be a trembucker? Does it make that much difference?

I apologise for the large sized images!

Last edited by d7mcfc; 05-18-2009, 04:35 PM.

Ok, the bridge hum will need to be trem spaced. The trem will need to go. The jt6 is better than that one IMO. If you need parts fretsonthenet.com is the place to go. Haven't bought from him yet BUT hear great things, he's also a member here (budman).
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by d7mcfc View Post
      Here is my old Model 3a. I bought it from a friend in the late 80's. It was a beauty in Pearl White.

Unfortunately due to an obsession with natural finishes due to Nuno Bettencourt, I stripped the paint off and I also messed the scratchplate up too.

Since then I also changed the Trem from the Kahler Fulcrum to a TRS-101.

I can't believe I butchered it like this. I put it down to being young and stupid. Hanging my head in Shame!

I am going to return this guitar to its former glory very soon. A respray to pearl white being first.

I am wondering if there is a place that I can get charvel parts?

I will need a new scratchplate/pick Guard, Strap pins, Volume knobs etc.

I am going to put in a Seymour Duncan Jeff Beck in the bridge position and an SH-2 Jazz in the neck position.

Should the bridge pickup be a trembucker? Does it make that much difference?

I apologise for the large sized images!

How did you get that trem to fit on the Kahler trem spacing?

I was decidedly sure that the only direct swap for the Kahler 2500 Traditional was the Kahler 2700 series Killer.
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

It was re-routed to install it. Wort it. Never liked the fulcrum. Looked awful and never stayed in tune.

Can't wait to get this done!

Good luck with yours too.

Comment

Working...
        X