j-90c mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straycat View Post
    You are a lucky dog to have a j-95 they rock.Its a very broad banded pickup 16k IIRC.
    The J95 only came in the Charvel model 88 and model 5A.
    I have sevral J-90-c's some have black poles and screws some do not.The wider spaced ones came out in the 90's imports.10.8k is pretty low for a J-90c.
    Should sound good tho'.
    Side note most model series had covers the 90's have the logo on the bobbins.So I'd say that pick up is not original to the guitar.
    10.8 would make it a JH-2 IMO.
    No chit!
    I saw the J95 sticker and my eyes popped.
    Wish I knew someone that had one they would let go for a reasonable price.
    I happen to have something that it might fit in...just right.

Comment

Wow that's nuts. So we're looking at at least what? FOUR different types of the same pickup? Consider me confused LOL

I've never heard a J-95 but you guys are making me wonder :idea:
      I'm the same way with the J-92C like I said earlier too. I'd buy one in a second if I could FIND one.
      - Adam

Comment

What did the J-92C come in is my Q.I have a dual rail I think its a J85R something like that not sure.
        I have a few J-90C's,J-95's and a few others.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hi, I have a J-92c (not for sale!), it came mounted in my Charvel Surfcaster. The J-92c came standard in certain (now rare) Surfcaster models from about 93-'95. I have the guitar now for about week only (bought off ebay), and i must say i've never been happier with a guitar ever! The J-92c is a killer! Very clearly defined and heavy distortion. But alas, surfcasters are becoming a rare species, and go for $1500 nowadays..

Comment

That pickup looks almost exactly like my J90C thats was in my Fusion. The onlt difference is mine doesn't have a logo on the front but has a Charvel logo engraved on the back. One question is the sticker under under the wax potting?
            It's pronounced soops

Comment

Does anyone like the sound of the j95? I love the j90c that's but am not digging the sound of the 95 in the model 88 I just got.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                ....a Charvel Rhoads (toothpaste logo, not sure of the year or model)....
                Sorry to go off-topic, but are you serious?? You've been here for how long and you don't know that a script-logoed Charvel offset-pointy V is the Charvel Avenger?

I'm speechless. (well, maybe not so much, but I am shocked.)
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                  Does anyone like the sound of the j95? I love the j90c that's but am not digging the sound of the 95 in the model 88 I just got.
                  Just curious-just what are you not digging about the J95?
                  I never had it in mine when I bought it, it had an EMG 85.
                  I put in a J90C and liked it...but put that J90C into the DKMGT that gets much more actual playing time.

I still like the EMG85 in the 88, but was always kind of interested in just how the original J95 would sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                    Rich, my 88 had a ducan in it, and I still did not like its live sound. They sound good recorded??? But through a simple pedal board and amp just did not cut it for me!
                    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Just curious-just what are you not digging about the J95?
                      tone and output. Sounds really muddy to me. It may get the x2n I am taking out of another guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                        Sorry to go off-topic, but are you serious?? You've been here for how long and you don't know that a script-logoed Charvel offset-pointy V is the Charvel Avenger?

I'm speechless. (well, maybe not so much, but I am shocked.)
                        I guess I just don't pay attention to rhoads-shaped guitars (never found them attractive).
                        Scott

Comment

Working...
                        X