model 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model 5

i was wondering what pups were in the model 5. .friend of mine says his model 5 had a 9 volt battery in it.this back in 86

Model 5 has a mid-boost circuit in it that uses a 9 volt battery. The pickups are passive. Don't remember what model the pickups are though.

Comment

J-80
      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

model 5

> Mine is an oddball,it has a gain-boost circuit,totally stock. Tommy D.
        "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Originally posted by TommyD View Post
          > Mine is an oddball,it has a gain-boost circuit,totally stock. Tommy D.
          Are you sure it isnt the JE-1200 mid boost circuit, that's what it comes stock with.
          METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

model 5

> Judging by what I hear when I turn that last knob,plugged in at reasonable volume,I'm certain it's a gain boost. You can FEEL it in the attack,even with a solid state amp.

I've never said I was infallable though. Tommy D.
            "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

the board will have id on it..

Comment

Model 5 came with J-80c (ceramic magnet) pickups and JE-1200 midboost/low impedance circuit. The catalogs at the time may have said JE-1000 but that was incorrect.

At least Jackson/Charvel have kept the bloodline going on catalog misprints.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I am turning cartwheels! I get my Model 5 on Tuesday. Excellent condition with virtually no fret wear and in Midnight Blue. I have been looking for either this one or a Model 6 since the 80's. Trading a set of Jackson J412 4x12 cabs for it.

Comment

pics of midnite blue model 5?

if you would ,can you post a picture or two of the model 5?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Dane View Post
                      I am turning cartwheels! I get my Model 5 on Tuesday. Excellent condition with virtually no fret wear and in Midnight Blue. I have been looking for either this one or a Model 6 since the 80's. Trading a set of Jackson J412 4x12 cabs for it.
                      Congrats!

Yes, pix please.

And Welcome Aboard.

Comment

1987 Charvel Model 5

Here are the pics. Sorry, I would have posted sooner but I went out of town right after I got the guitar and just got back Saturday. I still haven't even got a chance to clean it up or play it more than 15 minutes. Plan to this week though! It is a 1987.

Comment

Awesome guitar! I just bought the exact same model from a guy here for $250. (Can $'s) The JT-6 Tremolo is missing the string lock blocks, and both rear cavity covers are missing. I am activly looking for these as we speak. I can't wait to get it working again. I already tested the electronics, and they seem to work great!

Comment

Great price! I love mine. It is everything I remembered and sounds incredible.

Comment

Working...
                            X