Import Charvel ID help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Charvel ID help please

First of all, I don't have pictures of this one. I was shown it for a few minutes earlier today but I think the experts here can identify it pretty easily.

Here are the specs:

- 24-fret bolt-on neck with rosewood fingerboard with dot inlays

- chrome Jackson tuning keys

- Jackson logo'd humbucker in the bridge with a non-original EMG HZ pickup in a slanted position near the neck

- chrome Schaller Floyd-licensed bridge (is this original?)

- neckplate shows the Ft. Worth, TX address

The guitar has a homemade "graphic" on the body and headstock so I can't tell if it's a toothpaste logo or not. The guitar was originally magenta in color, as I can see from the chips in the quickie re-fin/graphic.

Thanks for the help.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Fusion???
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Yes, Fusion. Sounds like a Fusion DLX, this EMG, is it single-coil sized? The Fusions were the only bolt-on Charvels with 24 frets until the 2002 run. (and I actually consider those Jacksons)

Last edited by Tekky; 06-16-2009, 05:28 PM.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
        Yes, Fusion. Sounds like a Fusion DLX, this EMG, is it single-coil sized? The Fusions were the only bolt-on Charvels with 24 frets until the 2002 run. (and I actually consider those Jacksons)
        Thanks for the response. Yes, the EMG is single-coil size and is in that slanted neck slot. The EMG does have the "HZ" name on it though it's fairly worn.

Would a Schaller bridge with no Jackson or Charvel logo on it be original?

Thanks again for the response. I'll pass it on to my friend. I think he'll be interested to know what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post

Would a Schaller bridge with no Jackson or Charvel logo on it be original?
          For the Contemporary Series, the tremolos were all Schaller-made. (even the lame single-locking variety) It's entirely possible that some could have come from Schaller without Jackson logos.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Does the trem have the "Made in Germany" stamp on it by the arm socket?
            If the trem has NO logo on it at all, chances are high it's a cheaper knock off.
            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
              For the Contemporary Series, the tremolos were all Schaller-made. (even the lame single-locking variety) It's entirely possible that some could have come from Schaller without Jackson logos.
              Thanks for that info.

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              Does the trem have the "Made in Germany" stamp on it by the arm socket?
              If the trem has NO logo on it at all, chances are high it's a cheaper knock off.
              Yes, it has the "Made in Germany" stamp but no Jackson or Charvel logo.

Comment

Working...
              X