750xl case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750xl case?

what is the original case for a 750xl?does anyone have a pic to show me? also,what other case will work well if i cant find an original?
    stop at full speed at 100 miles per hour. the colgate invisible shield finally got em.

The 750xl is thicker body wise than the others IIRC.GC should have something to fit.
    TKL and Roadrunner are a good bang for the buck cases.
    Not sure waht the original case number was.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'd like to know too.

I ended up going for one of these:

It was all the local store had, that fit the 750. It was a bit of a squeeze, and it still pushes the trem down a bit, but it fits ok. I'd really like a Gator or SKB or even the original type case for it, all the same.

I liked the case also because it is kind of sleazy, and I'm going to be using the guitar for an 80s sleaze rock tribute band (I hope!)
      http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Originally posted by wanthairspray View Post
        I'd like to know too.

I ended up going for one of these:

It was all the local store had, that fit the 750. It was a bit of a squeeze, and it still pushes the trem down a bit, but it fits ok. I'd really like a Gator or SKB or even the original type case for it, all the same.

I liked the case also because it is kind of sleazy, and I'm going to be using the guitar for an 80s sleaze rock tribute band (I hope!)
        Just warning, I have a guitar case like that but without the picture and pushes the trem on my Soloist XL (Same trem) down like crazy, and my guitar has a recessed trem and isn't an arch-top. It would be much worse on your guitar. I'd get a SKB or Gator. See if you can get a local shop to order them. Plus 7/8ths body guitars like to shift around in those style cases. You don't need to follow my advice but I would hate to see a guitar as nice as a 750XL damaged by a small case. I'm getting a SKB case for my Soloist. Late 80's/Early 90's Jacksons and Charvels are too nice to risk.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

My experience...

FWIW, no Jackson/Charvel case that I had [chainsaw or rectangular] was "deep" enough to accomodate the archtop and Floyd...and I kinda wanted to use a Charvel case....so I removed the fuzzy fabric inside the top cover and "carved" the styrofoam out to fit the guitar body. I then re-covered the foam with black felt [the original fabric did not come out without a fight]. Bottom line - it was a messy pain-in-the-ass that ended up removing 75% of the topside foam over the body - but it came out looking OK and still protected the guitar. Hope this helps.

Mark
          "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Working...
          X