Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a little help identifying

Hey Guys,

I recently picked up this project Charvel. The headstock is broken so I'll need to find a replacement neck. Does anyone know the model of this bad boy? Any help would be appreciated!

It is a Model 2 with at least refinnished headstock. It was made sometime in between 1987-1988. Or possibly very late '86 or very early '89. Beyond that I can't help you anymore as that is the extent of my knowledge.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

There's also a possibility that it's a Japan-market-only model from that same timeframe. There's a Japan-only version of the Model 4 with matching headstock in the '89 Japan catalog, so it wouldn't surprise me very much if they offered a Model 2 with matching headstock at some point. Pretty much any Model Series or 22 fret toothpaste-logo Charvel neck should work nicely as a replacement.

Comment

Thanks guys for clarifying that model. I've got a few emails out for a replacement neck. I hope I can score one soon! I love older guitars. I've got a few BC Rich USA STIII's from the 80's. I'm probably going to start picking up 80's Charvels when I come across good deals like this one.

Comment

You have the same bridge as mine, what bridge is it if you don't mind. I'm not to familiar with Jackson/charvel or Floyd Rose.

Comment

That's the Jackson JT-6 licensed Floyd trem. Everything you ever wanted to know about Jackson trems can be found here:

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm

Comment

What does the neckplate say? Does it have the fort worth address on it or does it just say Charvel?

Comment

It says Fort Worth TX.

Comment

Model 2. Great guitars IMO MIJ 86-88.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks guys. I hope to pick up a Charvel neck tomorrow locally. I'll post pics once its back in service.

Comment

Ok Guys, just a little update. I found a Charvette neck locally for cheap. The frets still had a ton of life on them and the fretboard was in really good condition. I threw it on there and it bolted right up. New strings and a set up and this thing plays awesome. The pickup is ok. I'm used to SD's and EMG's. But its got a pretty brutal sound through my XXX. Overall I dig it.

Comment

That looks nice. Charvette necks are just about identical to model series necks. The best part is that you can get them cheap because they say Charvette on them.

Comment

Ya, I read that they were very similar to the model series necks. It was cheap enough so I took the gamble and it paid off. Eventually I'll get a "Charvel" neck, but I was really eager to get this thing up and running.

Comment

I've got a charvette neck on a cheapo fender strat copy body. I really like it although I will say it's a little thinner than my model series charvel necks. BTW, I was looking at that project on the bay and almost bid on it but I've got two projects going already so I had to pass. Looks good, kinda wish i bid on it now. lol. congrats!

Comment

Working...
                            X