Predator radius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predator radius

Did the Predator come with a compound radius neck? I see mixed information around the web...some say compound and some say straight 16".
    Scott

I thought all charvel model series were compound radius.

Comment

I thought only USA Jacksons got the compound?

Comment

I'm pretty sure the imports back then got the compound radius, too, but don't know if only certain models did or not.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          I'm pretty sure the imports back then got the compound radius, too, but don't know if only certain models did or not.
          I don't know - the ones I've had and the one I still have, don't feel like compound radii. They just feel like 16" all the way. I've had - 1A, 3 neck and a 4. But I've never measured or compared to my ex-Fusion or ProMod - so I could be wrong.

I imagine it would have been pretty costly back then for an import line.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Hmmm. I thought I had read years ago that the import Charvels were compound, and I thought the old import Jacksons had a straight 15" or 16" radius.

Comment

OK - I was wrong - you can barely see it, in this catalog page it describes a compound radius board:

Nice. The JCF - where grammar AND digging through old catalog scans count!
              Blank yo!

Comment

@ DG - I barely beat you - but you scored a better photo ref!
                Blank yo!

Comment

I deleted the post right after I saw yours, but then noticed that we had different links, so here it is:

Pretty good graphic & explanation on that flyer.
                  Last edited by dg; 06-29-2009, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Cool. I thought I remembered reading that about the Charvels years ago. I'm not as think as I dumb I am!

Comment

Very cool about the double action truss rod, too.

More cred that these are monster guitars!

(I've got to get the frets leveled and crowned on my Model 4 - get her back in action)
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Hmm...those are still both about the guitar-logoed ones...do you think anything changed with the toothpaste? I tried printing out one of the radius guides last night and it *seems* like the neck is 15" the whole way down.
                        Scott

Comment

Its in Japanese, but...

Hmmm - also seems the Japanese market ones kept using the guitar logo though clearly they are toothpasties - dinky bodies, recessed trems, floyd nuts.
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Yeah, definitely a conical shape there.
                            Scott

Comment

I really think they stuck with the compound radius for the toothpaste logo guitars, but I have no proof or anything in print to back that up. My only toothpaste model is my 750XL, and that's got a compound radius. The printout gauges can be helpful, but they can be a little tricky to use compared to gauges made of something more solid like metal or hard plastic, imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X