Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If anybody noticed artificially high Model 4 prices on Ebay last week....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anybody noticed artificially high Model 4 prices on Ebay last week....

... that was my doing. My Epiphones just weren't cutting it, so:

One is for E, the other for C. Off-white is 223411, black is 242458. My (heretical?) intention is to pull the electronics in favor of EMG 81x/SAx/Sx + SPC. I'll eventually get around to polishing frets, oiling fretboards, and seeing how much tobacco residue I can get off of the off-white's finish (which still smells like pure smoked mojo a week later). For now I'm content to admire the neck profiles, wonder how I ever got along without jumbo frets, and read this forum's entire back-catalog. Cheers.

Is that the black one that sold for almost $500? That's ridiculous - but congrats!
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

nice, man. Those will get the job done!
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Yikes, someone likes kahlers. Those look sweet. The best part is if youre gonna rip out the electronics you can probably sell the boost setup for some extra cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          Is that the black one that sold for almost $500? That's ridiculous - but congrats!
          Hence the title! I'm consolidating hobbies and had some "extra" paypal money, which has a funny way of destroying all my impulse control. Also, the second-stubborn-most bidder didn't give up until way after I wanted them to (the punk).

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
          Yikes, someone likes kahlers. Those look sweet. The best part is if youre gonna rip out the electronics you can probably sell the boost setup for some extra cash.
          It's actually the Kahlers that got me interested in Charvels in the first place. I can't stand fulcrum trems, and spent a ridiculous amount of time spec-ing out Warmoths with quick necks, jumbo frets, and Kahler routs before the epiphany that is '86 model series. And yes, when I get around to the electronics swap I'll recoup some of the cost.

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          nice, man. Those will get the job done!
          Thanks! Eventually I'll be able to play them to their capabilities, eventually...

Comment

yin and yang.. nice score..

Comment

Congrats, by the way I bid on the beginning on the black one but quit checking it after it got over 350, on the other hand I just got another white too and I found a black one at a pawn shop a couple of months ago so basically we got the same set up a black and white 4's.

Just as a comment if possible keep the electronics in case you want to sell later, maybe the other person (like me) preffer the original jackson electronics.

Congratullations and enjoy them.

Comment

Yeah, if I had any patience whatsoever I would've scoured pawnshops and craigslists, but it worked out this way. I almost immediately lost momentum on the electronics stuff, I'm having way too much fun with the stock setups.

Yin and Yang? Famine and Disease! War and Death will be (blood splatter) custom-shops in the distant future.

Comment

I saw that white one and was watching it. Sounds like it went to a good home. Still adore my black 86' Model 4. Wish I could get my Model 6 back, though.
                  I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                  X