Need to know model and possible year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to know model and possible year

I was told this is a 475 special, probably late 80's? It is sparkle platinum color. It has a Floyd Rose Schaller tremolo. Bolt on neck, Jackson tuners, toothpaste logo, Fort Worth, TX on the plate. 6 digit SN. Thanx!

Should be 475 Deluxe, no?

Anyhoo, 6 digit serial doesn't mean shit. They all had 6 digits. The numbers themselves are what matters.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Did these even change at all for the years they were produced? I mean - does it matter if its an 89 or 90? Or does it only matter so you can list it on fleesebay.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Depends on the buyer. Some actually nitpick even one year difference, and use that as haggle fodder, then come back here bragging about the fucking they gave some shmuck on Ebay for a sweet axe worth twice the price.

And why is it a problem with people asking for info only to put it on Ebay? I'd rather they ask here than at some uninformed dump like Ed Roman or Harmony Central.
        At least here they get reliable info and not some "Ft Worth USA-made model" bullshit.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

OK so what is the difference in the Deluxe and Special? How can I tell the year from the SN? I've seen a couple different listings for SN's but they are not consistent.
          And this would be a japanese model?
          Appreciate the info!

Comment

Not sure if the 475 Special even existed. There was a Fusion Special, but it had dot inlays.

And yes, Ft Worth means Japanese made. Ft Worth was the HQ, not the shop, which was still in California.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              Depends on the buyer. Some actually nitpick even one year difference, and use that as haggle fodder, then come back here bragging about the fucking they gave some shmuck on Ebay for a sweet axe worth twice the price.

And why is it a problem with people asking for info only to put it on Ebay? I'd rather they ask here than at some uninformed dump like Ed Roman or Harmony Central.
              At least here they get reliable info and not some "Ft Worth USA-made model" bullshit.
              I 50-50 agree with you. Half of me thinks we should be helpful and the other half say "read some of the previous posts and stick around for a while."
              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                Not sure if the 475 Special even existed.
                Only on eBay.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                  Only on eBay.
                  That's why they're RARE and DESIRABLE. The finest ever crafted in Fort Worth!
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                    That's why they're RARE and DESIRABLE. The finest ever crafted in Fort Worth!
                    :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by bigbon555
                      I am usually wearing a lace front wig: girl, but some of these french lace wigs are really pretty. Thank you for sharing ladies, I might just go out and get me a cute little synthetic lace wigs. Do they tangle too bad at all?
                      There's something strangely insulting about having this in a thread about Charvel guitars.

Comment

Working...
                      X