found at Pawn shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found at Pawn shop

Guys found a Charvel, with Seymour Duncan dual PUPS, with a maple neck, it has a strat head on it with tuner locks on the back of the tuners, it has a maple neck and is a blue flamed top with the Charvel logo on the neck head with a white tag with serial number 311303817 on it. Can you tell me where it was made? Is it worth the 109 dollars? It is loud and plays well. Any help would be great.

Sean

I don't know about if it's legit or not but if the pups are Duncans and it has locking tuners it would be worth $110 for parts alone. The serial number doesn't seem like a USA serial number so it's likely an import.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

How can I tell if its an import? What do I need to look for? If its a jap guitar I am all over it.
      Sean

Comment

The serial number you listed indicates it's an import.
        Also, if it were a USA Charvel, it would say "MADE IN U.S.A" on the headstock and the neck plate and have a 4 or 6 digit serial number.
        -Rick

Comment

Why 2 threads on this from the same op?

Comment

My bad on two threads, new guy. Sorry about that. Learning as I go. Can you point me in the direction on where it was made or where on the site I can find out if whether or not it was made in Japan?

Sincerely,

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by mpanderson70 View Post
              My bad on two threads, new guy. Sorry about that. Learning as I go. Can you point me in the direction on where it was made or where on the site I can find out if whether or not it was made in Japan?

Sincerely,

Sean
              Pics would help. But most likely Japan. I don't think they did import Charvels anywhere else. Maybe Charvettes and those weird STX or whatever they were were not Japan.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Okay, guys thanks, my crackberry is having issues with posting I will see what I can do.
                Sean

Comment

Here is the head stock

Comment

Here is a link with the serial number, thanks again guys for the help. If you all can tell me where I can find the information on Japanese Charvels so I can bone up on some knowledge, that would be great.

Sean

Comment

Here's a catalog scan of the era I think the guitar is from:

-------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Best in class Yahoo Mail, breaking local, national and global news, finance, sports, music, movies... You get more out of the web, you get more out of life.

Okay link location again

Comment

It looks to me that mine is a Japanese Charvel. On my way to pick it up and will post pics later. Thanks for the help all.

Comment

Uhh, you can't link pictures from your e-mail. You have to find a host for the pictures.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Tekky,
                              I will need to find a host, sorry about that, never done this before. Any suggestions?
                              Sean

Comment

Working...
                              X