Charvel Model 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model 6

Hi! How similar were the model 6s compared to the Soloist of the day? Im aware of specs, like JT6 vs Orig Floyd, Jackson pups vs Duncans, but what I want to know is: Are the body shape/size and neck shapes similar? And, are the soloists remarkably better, or similar? (I also know the quality of the Japanese built guitars.)
    I have a model 4 and want a neck thru so Im trying to decide on 6 or soloist..
    Thank you!!

i dont know about either but i had a model 5 that was kickass.

Comment

Not supposed to sound aggressive, or something but I was wondering why you want a neckthru?
      http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

The model 6 was essentially a Soloist made in Japan. I'm not sure if the sharkfins were mop or moto, but otherwise construction was the similar. (Bound neck and head, sharkies, pickup layout and controls, heel shape, etc.) Alot of soloists of the day came with the JT-6 as well.

Probably looking at less choosy about the woods, and not as much care and attention in the final assembly, and more of the work done by machines.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I

I had a Model 5a that has been thru a few hands here on JCF, and the neck is a tich thicker than a Soloist. Comfortable for sure. Felt every bit as solid as a SL1 I bought.

Comment

The sharkfins are real MOP.

The biggest difference between the M6 and a high-end Soloist is probably the rosewood board, as opposed to ebony. The trem is non-recessed (like it also used to be on the Soloists), which is a contributing factor to why I'm in love with these guitars. I would never pick a soloist with a recessed trem if there is an M6 available.

The Jackson pickups are actually really good (easilly on par with Duncans), but the ones that came in the M6 were too low output for my taste.

Comment

I still don't have a soloist since I have had my model 6 since 88. Don't need one IMO.

Comment

Working...
              X