Model DR3??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model DR3??

were this Japanese made? what years? what body wood and was the trem a jt6? I bought one back in 88 brand new, but had to sell it. Ive wanted to replace it ever since, but mostly out of nostalgia and not out of a void in my gear needs. These details would help me justify or decide against

It's actually 3DR. Made in Japan, '88 only, basswood, JT-6 trem. The Predator was the later toothpaste-logo version of the 3DR. They're a bit easier to find, and they have the better JT-590 trem.

Comment

thanks!!

Comment

I actually have a transitional model 3DR with a proper locking nut and the swoop cutaway on the body with a JT-6 tremelo. The neck has the old Charvel guitar logo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
          I actually have a transitional model 3DR with a proper locking nut and the swoop cutaway on the body with a JT-6 tremelo. The neck has the old Charvel guitar logo.
          Mine has the proper locking nut too albeit a kahler, not a schaller like the predator. It is not that uncommon. Are you talking about the cutout on the back around the neckplate, or a scoop on the lower horn?

Comment

Cutout around the neck plate. No scoop on cutaway. And I say proper locking nut as the Kahler isn't a locking nut at all, it is a string lock that is after the nut. I know they perform similar functions but a real locking nut to me is much better than a lock after the nut.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
              Cutout around the neck plate. No scoop on cutaway. And I say proper locking nut as the Kahler isn't a locking nut at all, it is a string lock that is after the nut. I know they perform similar functions but a real locking nut to me is much better than a lock after the nut.
              Actually, the nut Im talking about is not the string lock. Its a kahler locknut like this one thats on my HM strat. Its the same one on my 3dr from the factory. Its in the closet right now or I would have taken the picture of it.

Comment

Hmmm now that you mention it that may be the same nut on my 3DR. I remcall something like that when I had it when I bought it. It's been in a case for all this time so I'll have to check.

Comment

Working...
                X