Model 5 Specs - Final Answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 5 Specs - Final Answer

I was the original owner of a 1986 black cherry model 5 charvel in the late 80s and early 90s. Sometime around 95 i traded the guitar for a fender strat. However, I've always regretted getting rid of the guitar. I recently found one on ebay and bought it. It's required a little bit of restoration, but I've now got it back in shape.

I've seen a lot of conflicting information regarding the pickups in the model 5 and whether or not they are active electronics. Does anyone have the original specs or catalog to verify once and for all whether the pickups are active or not?

you can look at audiozone.dk they got catalog scans, but all the info isnt correct. the model 5 had active electronics not active pickups. the catalog will say it has the j-1000 or j-1200. whichever the catalog says it actually has the opposite.

here you go
    Last edited by jdr94; 08-04-2009, 11:38 AM.

Comment

The pickups should both be J80C (though some folks have said their guitars had other pickups installed at the factory, like a J50 in the neck occasionally) and it had the JE-1200 midboost. I think the 86 catalog is the one that says JE-1000, and the later ones are correct.

Comment

Working...
      X