SLSMG Need pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLSMG Need pics

I have a SLSMG that is being polished as I speak(At the Guitar shop,it WAS Satin black,) and someone who had it before me hacked up the wiring for EMG's. I am bringing her back to her "Passive pickup"days.She will be loaded with Duncan Distortions. I just bought a New harness/Pots and I NEED someone who can take a Pic of the inside cavity PLEASE!! I am trying to figure out which terminals are used in the input jack,and which grounds go where(One comes from inside the body,and I guess another ground goes to the "Tab" that screws onto the body as well) ANY help would be appreciated!!
    HIGHLY MODDED Peavey Ultra Plus 120
    Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
    (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
    Late 80's-early 90's Ibanez Tubescreamer
    Boss TU-2
    2005 Jackson SLSMG Soloist
    1986 Black Cherry Charvel Model 4
    1988 Blue Charvel Model 3DR

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    I am bringing her back to her "Passive pickup"days.
    What do you mean? if it is really an SLSMG then it always had EMGs.
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Yeah, aren't the EMG's the stock pickups?

does this help?

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...ic=2h_1v_1t_3w

Comment

I think it came with emg hz's and someone changed it over to active emg's. That diagram should work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
          I think it came with emg hz's and someone changed it over to active emg's.
          Exactly. MG series didn't get actives until 2006.

Comment

If it's at the guitar shop, can't they figure out how to wire it?
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They are only doing a polish. I saved money by removing everything on the body.It ORIGINALLY came with passive EMG's,but someone installed active EMG's and hacked it up really bad,,,enough to short the EMG 81. The wiring was terrible,with cuts,Crushed wires,bad solder joints,etc.I sold the EMG's including the wiring harness,and I am going back to passive. The link really doesnt help because I need to see where the grounds to the body go to(on a passive setup) and which terminals are used on the input jack.(Since he had soldered to 3 points on the jack)
              Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
              (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
              Boss TU-2

Comment

The link really doesnt help because I need to see where the grounds to the body go to(on a passive setup) and which terminals are used on the input jack.(Since he had soldered to 3 points on the jack)
                The only thing that needs to be grounded that isn't on that diagram is the guitar's bridge. You'll probably find a small drill hole leading from the bridge posts to the control cavity, feed a wire through there. For passive wiring, you'll only need 2 points soldered on the jack: ground and positive.

Comment

I have one wire from One to the Bridge post(The wire coming out of the hole)to the cavity,and another point that screws into the body with alittle ring terminal. Thats what kinda throwing me off. The Input jack I have,well has 3 points to solder on(All 3 were used),hence why I wanted a pic. I have that same pic(Of the link) and thats how I was going to wire up the P/U's to the new 3 way switch. Like I said,the wiring was shot,so it went with the 25k pots. Some people should NOT be around a soldering pencil/iron/gun
                  Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
                  (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
                  Boss TU-2

Comment

I have one wire from One to the Bridge post(The wire coming out of the hole)to the cavity,and another point that screws into the body with alittle ring terminal. Thats what kinda throwing me off. The Input jack I have,well has 3 points to solder on(All 3 were used),hence why I wanted a pic. I have that same pic(Of the link) and thats how I was going to wire up the P/U's to the new 3 way switch. Like I said,the wiring was shot,so it went with the 25k pots. Some people should NOT be around a soldering pencil/iron/gun
                    That screw in the body sounds like it's grounding the black paint in the cavity. It also helps keep things neat when you're wiring, because you can solder your ground wires from the pots to that.

I'm not sure which 2 of the 3 terminals on the jack you will need. The ground terminal is easy to spot, it's part of the ring you put your 1/4 input into. Between the other two, I'm not sure which is positive/hot and which is the one you won't use. You can get a new Jack with 2 terminals for a few bucks. Or you could just experiment.

Comment

Well I just got it back today and WOW!!! Now All I need to do is figure out the wiring,and string her up!! The ONLY Gripe I have is that I didnt remove the string ferrules/bushings(He didnt remove them either) and well ,now they are Polished (I was trying to save money) I'd like to get another set,and sometime down the road change them out.I tried touch up paint,and it didnt stick. I am kinda stumped on the Input terminals(Hence why I was hoping on a pic ) because it isnt like a regular terminal.It has a long plasic barrel. Please people,,,its ONLY 4 Screws!!
                      Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
                      (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
                      Boss TU-2

Comment

Try this diagram for the wiring http://www.guitarelectronics.com/pro...e0Tone000.html
                        Mike
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Working...
                        X