Jackson SLSMG need new PU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson SLSMG need new PU

I play nickelcrap, disturbed, evanescence type of music and need a good studio PU driving a MB Dual Rec. I am using the EMG HZ but want to replace with another passive I think unless you guys think I can replace with an active myself. Otherwise I am thinking the SH-15 or do you guys have any recommendations? Thanks ahead of time!

I'm using a Tone Zone in mine through a Carvin MTS and it sounds pretty awesome. Somebody on here had a video of theirs with an APC Persuader through a V-Amp that sounded killer. Pretty much anything will be an upgrade though, I wasn't a fan of the HZs.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

You may find the Duncan Distortion to your liking, allthough my reccomendation is a custom or custom 5 I think the custom is a little hotter and is a ceramic the custom 5 is alnico...

They would probably be more versatile than a distortion and imo and consistantly sound ten times better than the jb, that works great for some guitars/players sounds like ass for a lot...

Comment

Thanks guys! Now I just have to figure out sh-14 custom 5 or tone zone. I'll do a little more research

Comment

Guys I wanted to add that I play lightly on the strings and still hit the strings pretty softly.
          So I was wondering also if there is a pickup that is a bit brighter and punchier than even an EMG 81 thats passive?
          I'veheard the tone zone is a bit dark

Comment

Working...
          X