Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS2 performer Owners please

hey guys,
    im trying to build up my jackson collection and im lookin at a late 90's PS2 Performer, which appears to be Korean made judging by the 12th fret inlays, and was wondering if you could clear up a few things for me. I tried searching the forums, but im a bit confused on a few matters.

how thin are the necks? ive read that the performer necks are as thin as the ibanez wizards, is this true?

iv got a 2008 Jackson RR3, so how would the necks compare?
    i dont mind if the ps2 is thin.

i guess if anyone has a PS2 and could show me some comparison pics with a wizard, or current import jackson it would be very much appreciated.

one more lol,
    are the korean made really that bad? i dont mid if the trem is crap, cos ill probably block it.

thanks in advance guys, and i look forward to being a contributing member of the forums as my knowledge increases.

Anth

Some were made in Japan. The korean ones had wider dots at the 12th fret and I think a funny control cavity cover. Some koreans are that bad but you don't want to be paying the price for a MIJ and get MIK.

Comment

thanks for your reply mate,
      im aware of how to source where it was made (learnt by reading these forums ),
      just looking for info on the necks, as stated in my original post.
      cheers though

Comment

They varied.
        I've had two MIK PS-2 necks and neither was "wizard" thin.
        Very similar to a DK2 neck in thickness and back shape.
        A touch thinner, but barely noticeable.
        -Rick

Comment

thinner than a RR3 neck, all and all not that bad!
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

any chance anyone has any pics of the neck?
            just so i can see how thin it is

Comment

I have a PS 2, but not sure I have anything you are familiar with to compare. But maybe just pics would help? Also I can make a short video of me turning the guitar round slowly, on the butt strap-pin, focusing on the neck. That's a really good way of determining thickness of a neck if you are not there to look or touch it.
              http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

I have a PS4 Performer and it has the "clunkiest" (E.G. least comfortable) neck of all my guitars. Except for my Fender acoustic. Definitely not wizard thin.
                "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by wanthairspray View Post
                  I have a PS 2, but not sure I have anything you are familiar with to compare. But maybe just pics would help? Also I can make a short video of me turning the guitar round slowly, on the butt strap-pin, focusing on the neck. That's a really good way of determining thickness of a neck if you are not there to look or touch it.
                  that would be great!
                  thanks alot mate,

Comment

Originally posted by gagz1 View Post
                    that would be great!
                    thanks alot mate,
                    Hi, I will do this today for you.
                    http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                      I have a PS4 Performer and it has the "clunkiest" (E.G. least comfortable) neck of all my guitars. Except for my Fender acoustic. Definitely not wizard thin.
                      Thats funny I have a PS4 and the neck on mine is super thin. Second thinnest I have next to my DK2M. But my PS2's neck feels completely different than that. It may be due to the fact that my PS4 is MIJ and my PS2 is MIK. Just my thought.
                      It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
                        Thats funny I have a PS4 and the neck on mine is super thin. Second thinnest I have next to my DK2M. But my PS2's neck feels completely different than that. It may be due to the fact that my PS4 is MIJ and my PS2 is MIK. Just my thought.
                        both the ps-2 and 4 were made in japan at one point! and both were made elsewhere at another point! Some ps-4 have thicker necks, those would be the non mij's.
                        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post

I am not sure where mine was made...the serial number is 7 digit starting with a 9... I know that means something, but I can't remember what...

Either which way, I hate the neck on it.
                          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                            both the ps-2 and 4 were made in japan at one point! and both were made elsewhere at another point! Some ps-4 have thicker necks, those would be the non mij's.
                            You should know you used to own the PS2 I have. My PS4 was MIJ. The control cavity cover is the proper shape too.
                            It's pronounced soops

Comment

anychance anyone could upload pics of their performer necks to show thickness?

Comment

Working...
                              X