PS2 performer Owners please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
    the serial number is 7 digit starting with a 9...
    That is made in Japan.

Comment

this one started with a 9, but was not mij!

I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
        You should know you used to own the PS2 I have. My PS4 was MIJ. The control cavity cover is the proper shape too.
        I have own quite a few guitars over the last year or so, if its the one you got from dan, then its the one pictured above and played pretty good! But i had a schaller trem on it and a bill and decky in the bridge! and i have had more than one ps-4, have one now with a scream'n demon oh, if you have an early ps-4 the neck would be thinner than the dk[anything]
        Last edited by john.w.lawson; 09-15-2009, 09:13 AM.
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
          How many digits?

Comment

ask 84sups, pretty sure it had 7, you really can't go buy that shit as much as you think you can! Sometimes its the case, sometimes its not! just like almomd joy! but i am always a nut

Comment

pics? anyone?

Comment

ask 84sups, pretty sure it had 7, you really can't go buy that shit as much as you think you can! Sometimes its the case, sometimes its not! just like almomd joy! but i am always a nut
                Yeah, you're right. When it comes to J/C serials, there's only one thing you can be sure of; that you can never say anything for sure.

Comment

Yup thats the one. It now has a Schaller made Jackson trem and a GFS Crusader in the bridge. It's Korean right?
                  It's pronounced soops

Comment

any pics of neck thickness? anyone

Comment

I have a PS2 (7 digit serial starting with 8 and says performer on the headstock) with a slim neck not quite as slim as my old Charvette but darn close it is alot slimmer than my 2006ish (came stock with Duncan Design detonators) RR3's. It's as thin as most of the RGs Ive played just made a little different. How does one go about finding out what wood the body is, where and when it was made all the jackson support is for USA models. Thanks in advance.
                      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Found out most everything I needed to about my ps-2 it took awhile but by merely going through the catalogs on jacksons website which some are hard to read, just did a process of elimination type thing I know all I needed to know about mine with a little help from the guys on here. Thanks for the help you did give me. My only thought is I get conflicting stories as to where a guitar is made as mine has the narrow set 12th fret inlays seven digit serial number and a jt-500. All 3 of which are used as guidelines to help pinpoint country of origin. It doesn't really matter either way where its made my main concern was the year it's a 2000 with what everyone calss the bad tremolo but I'm pretty easy on them have owned several lower line Jacksons and never wore the knife edges down but I do my own maintenence and I do it alot.
                        Last edited by tomanyjacksons; 09-30-2009, 12:14 PM.
                        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

hello, first sorry for my english, i'm spanish speaker. I have a jackson performer since 18 years now. I measure the neck and is 17 mm at the first fret and 19 mm. at the 12th. the guitar is good enough for the money. I love it because my father bought me when they fired from his job. the neck is in good shape 18 years later. the tremolo goes the guitar out of tune, so i fix it. the headstock is exactly as the original. I think is a replica of the dinky with a cheaper bridge.

Comment

Working...
                          X