Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack socket for a fusion

Hi Guys

Right I think I need a new jack socket for my fusion. Getting a few problems if the cable gets wiggled a little and I've diagnosed its certainly not the cable.
    Where in the UK is the best place to get a new one and is there a specific one I need?

Thanks for the advice.
    Last edited by Daveybwoy; 09-08-2009, 06:57 AM.

I've always used Switchcraft to replace the ones on J/C guitars, and the standard ones fit fine. Sometimes you may need to bend in one of the solder contacts for clearance (usually on the stereo model), but it is simple to do. Here is a UK online seller:

I'm not familiar with the different import Fusion models, but if yours has active electronics you'll need the stereo model. Otherwise, the standard one is what you need. Most guitar shops here (US) carry these, so I usually just go pick one up rather than order online. They're pretty common, and may be over there as well.

Comment

ALso if yours is the recessed jack on the top of the body (like on the old Ibenhad Saber) you'll need a recessed style to replace it.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yep, go for a switchcraft, just about to replace one on one of my Fusions.
        www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Thanks guys.
          They are passive pickups and its certainly not a recessed one. But I think I've managed to sort it out......for the time being anyway. I just removed it and with some emery cloth plus some contact cleanner had a proper go at it. Seems to have done the trick.
          I may get a spare just to be safe. I found this place online http://www.axetec.co.uk/axetec%20gui...ickups_059.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            ALso if yours is the recessed jack on the top of the body (like on the old Ibenhad Saber) you'll need a recessed style to replace it.
            that would be a Stealth, not a Fusion
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
            X