Help ID...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ID...

I am guessing its a model 6 of some sort. Does anyone know what its worth? It was free to me from a friend. I am not planning on selling it,.. but I just want to know. The serial # is C805105. It plays like a dream.

Model 5FX, Fire Crackle, 1988.
    Last edited by Sunbane; 09-12-2009, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
      Model 5FX, Fire Crackle, 1988.

Sweet... Any idea what its worth? Its in pretty good shape. I am totally loving this guitar. Do you know how many were made? Were they only made in 88? If not what date ranges were they made?

Comment

Not sure of any of those things I'm afraid. Hopefully someone who knows more will come along. However, the story behind the 5FX (as I've heard it here on the JCF) is pretty interesting.

There was the Model 5, which had two humbuckers, and the Model 5A, which had one humbucker only. Apparently the 5A didn't sell well, and a portion of those guitars went back to Jackson/Charvel's import office in Fort Worth to have a neck pickup fitted. Why they chose to put in a slanted singlecoil, of all things, is beyond me - but it's a cool story.

Comment

The 5FX was only available in '88. I believe that was the case for the 5A as well. The regular Model 5 was available from '86 through '88. Value can fluctuate on these, but I think right now it would be in the $400 - $500 range in the US.

Comment

Working...
          X