PS4 or Pro or ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS4 or Pro or ??

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but just to make sure... Local dealer has a used Jackson for $159. Dinky body, LFR, H-S-H, reverse headstock, offset dots, rosewood board, 22 frets (I think - for sure NOT 24). Says Professional on the headstock, truss rod cover is blank.

So, I'm pretty sure it's a Performer, which at $159 isn't a blockbuster deal. Am I right, or could it be a Pro model which would make $159 look pretty good?
    Greg

'86 Model 1
    '87 Model 2
    '88 Model 3A
    '88 Model 3DR
    '06 TMZ Mahogany Natural

If it says "Professional" on the headstock, it's not a Performer.
    If it were a Performer, it would say "Performer" on the headstock.

Back to the guitar.
    I don't recall any Professional series guitars with both H-S-H config and a reverse headstock.
    Possible it's a mutt or someone added a middle pup to a Dinky Reverse.
    -Rick

Comment

My guess would be a PS4 or JDR if it had LFR, offset dots, reverse headstock, HSH and 24 frets. For the above with 22 frets, I'm at a loss unless it's a parts guitar or modded for the extra Hum in the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
        My guess would be a PS4 or JDR if it had LFR, offset dots, reverse headstock, HSH and 24 frets. For the above with 22 frets, I'm at a loss unless it's a parts guitar or modded for the extra Hum in the neck.
        It can't be a JDR or a PS4 if the headstock has "Professional" on it.
        That would make it a Dinky Reverse from the Professional series.
        At least the neck anyway.

What trem is on the guitar? You say LFR, but there are a few of them.
        If it's a JT-500 (Schaller knock of , no "Made in Germany" stamp), then it's most likely a Performer body.
        Anything else and it's most likely a Professional body that someone did a neck swap on.

I've never seen or heard of a 22 fret Professional with a reverse headstock either.
        -Rick

Comment

I forgot to take note of what trem was on it. I will have to go have another look I suppose. I'm pretty sure I got the rest of the details correct but perhaps not... And the guitar is tagged as a Performer but says Professional on the headstock, hence my question.
          Last edited by 992gnt; 09-14-2009, 07:34 PM.
          Greg

'86 Model 1
          '87 Model 2
          '88 Model 3A
          '88 Model 3DR
          '06 TMZ Mahogany Natural

Comment

Sounds like the idiot who created the tag can't read.

See if you can snap a pic of it.
            -Rick

Comment

I'm the idiot. My son just informed that it is indeed 24 frets. Sigh... Saturday was a long time ago, right??
              Greg

'86 Model 1
              '87 Model 2
              '88 Model 3A
              '88 Model 3DR
              '06 TMZ Mahogany Natural

Comment

Originally posted by 992gnt View Post
                I'm the idiot. My son just informed that it is indeed 24 frets. Sigh... Saturday was a long time ago, right??

-Rick

Comment

[QUOTE=rjohnstone;1282920]It can't be a JDR or a PS4 if the headstock has "Professional" on it.
                  QUOTE]

Ha, I missed where he stated Professional on the headstock. That's why I ask for photos. I suck at reading comprehension.

Comment

[QUOTE=tcwil8;1283030]
                    Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                    It can't be a JDR or a PS4 if the headstock has "Professional" on it.
                    QUOTE]

Ha, I missed where he stated Professional on the headstock. That's why I ask for photos. I suck at reading comprehension.
                    no comment
                    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Working...
                    X