• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing the Frankenfusion Pro

Take this:

Plus this:

Plus this:

And you have the Jackson Frankenfusion Pro:

That's right, it's the mahogany body from a Fusion HH, and the neck and trem from a Fusion Pro, with the electronics replaced by a set of Duncan Blackouts. It's a freakin' amazing shredder, too. The ebony board on the Pro neck adds a substantial amount of bite to what the HH had originally. The stock HH pickups weren't bad actually, but I record in a crappy old apartment with bad wiring, so I need the quietness that the Blackouts provide. I pulled the trigger on eBay on a set of metal back plates for this guitar, but they haven't arrived yet. This is the Fusion that Jackson never made, but should have.

I'm going to do something interesting with the other neck/body combo, but I haven't decided what it will be. I've already got another Schaller trem for it. The Pro body has all kinds of finish gouges on it, so either a refinish or some further distress + funky coloration might be in order.

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
    Take this:

Plus this:

Plus this:

And you have the Jackson Frankenfusion Pro:

That's right, it's the mahogany body from a Fusion HH, and the neck and trem from a Fusion Pro, with the electronics replaced by a set of Duncan Blackouts. It's a freakin' amazing shredder, too. The ebony board on the Pro neck adds a substantial amount of bite to what the HH had originally. The stock HH pickups weren't bad actually, but I record in a crappy old apartment with bad wiring, so I need the quietness that the Blackouts provide. I pulled the trigger on eBay on a set of metal back plates for this guitar, but they haven't arrived yet. This is the Fusion that Jackson never made, but should have.

I'm going to do something interesting with the other neck/body combo, but I haven't decided what it will be. I've already got another Schaller trem for it. The Pro body has all kinds of finish gouges on it, so either a refinish or some further distress + funky coloration might be in order.
    Awesome job Chris.

Comment

I am truly jealous! Great job. Let us know how you like the Blackouts!
      Battery not a problem?

Comment

now if that had a blade selector, it would be perfect!

nice work, man. Looks great.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Very cool you did the same thing I did . The only difference is I used a Charvel Fusion Deluxe body instead , it is even the same color . I agree Jackson should have built all the Fusions H/H .
          Mike
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Excellent job! Just ship it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Greentele View Post
              I am truly jealous! Great job. Let us know how you like the Blackouts!
              Battery not a problem?
              I have the 7-string Blackouts in a couple of my other guitars and love them, so it was a no-brainer for me to put them in the Frankenfusion. They sound like a fatter EMG with actual tone, and they are scary quiet.

The battery wasn't a problem for me, since the standard Jackson control cavity is humongous and fits the battery no problem. I didn't install a clip; it's easier to just wrap the battery in some insulated foam and stick it into the control cavity. The foam keeps it from moving around.

Originally posted by Model 88 View Post
              Very cool you did the same thing I did . The only difference is I used a Charvel Fusion Deluxe body instead , it is even the same color . I agree Jackson should have built all the Fusions H/H .
              And here I thought was being original with this one.

Do you mean the Fusion Plus? That was the one with the ash body and H/H pickup layout. The Deluxe had the slant single in the neck and was basswood. It's hard for me to keep track of the zillion different Fusion models that J/C made during those years...

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
                And here I thought was being original with this one.

Do you mean the Fusion Plus? That was the one with the ash body and H/H pickup layout. The Deluxe had the slant single in the neck and was basswood. It's hard for me to keep track of the zillion different Fusion models that J/C made during those years...
                We are both behind the curve . I got my inspiration from this guitar .

It is owned by a fellow board member , jcs21 . It is a CS from 1992 .

Your right it is the Plus version . I also own a Deluxe so that were my confusion came from . I was going to swap the neck off the Deluxe as it is maple but could not bring myself to do it. It is just way to clean to be pulling it apart . It could almost past as new.
                Mike
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

That is really sweet !!

Comment

Great Job! Hope to get to a point where I can put some stuff together in the way I want.

Looks GREAT!

Comment

Oh, that sparkly red USA Fusion is extremely desirable.

I almost bought the metallic blue one that was on eBay recently, but the price went higher than I wanted to go.

From a tonal standpoint, I highly recommend the Pro/HH hybrid. Mine sounds way better for my heavy legato fusion stuff than my old 750xl did. The Blackouts help, but it even sounded good with the stock pickups.

Comment

I too have a H/H US Fusion. Nothing CS about mine though - complete hatchet job. Plays beautifully though, and sounds great with the TZ/Evo combo currently in her. This is an old pic as I found her, with an EMG 81 and some unidentified p/u

And here she is with my Fusion Plus

Hail yesterday

Comment

Very nice! What are you gonna do with that extra neck???
                          "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Well done, Profusion - H/H Fusions just look great !
                            Here's my USA Custom converted to H/H:

(old thread)
                            I prefer shortscale necks, so I was happy to find out that the Limited91, I bought recently, is in fact shortscale, though it should be 25,5" scale !
                            uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                              Very nice! What are you gonna do with that extra neck???
                              The HH neck and the Pro body are going together eventually. I've already got another Schaller bridge (off an old Hamer) to use with them, and it's just a matter of deciding what pickups I want and also if I want to refinish the Pro body, which has a highly messed-up finish.

BTW, those white and black USA Fusions are stunning!

Comment

Working...
                              X