Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing the tremolo on a Jackson DKMG.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing the tremolo on a Jackson DKMG.

Hello everyone,

For a while now, I have been thinking about replacing the JT-580 Low Profile tremolo on my Jackson DKMG guitar. I can't decide if I should get an Original Floyd Rose or if I should get the Licensed Schaller Floyd Rose. It seems to me that the only difference between them is the base plate.

Which tremolo do you guys recommend, considering that the body of a Jackson DKMG is made of alder and has a flamed maple veneer top and that I would like to purchase a 42mm Brass "L" Sustain Block from FloydUpgrades.com?

Whatever you choose, you'll need a 32mm block since the DKMG's trem is recessed.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

What benefit are you supposed to get from a brass block?
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Ah, true. I ignored the fact that it was recessed. Thanks toejam.

The block is supposed to increase sustain by a fair amount. It's only 40$, so it's worth testing. It's definitely an upgrade.

Comment

Honestly I prefer the Schaller to the OFR. I just like the feel of it better. Feels beefier and smoother IMO. Not totally hardened steel like the OFR, but the one on my 17 year old Dinky still works like the day it was built. I have two more on my Caparisons. I love em.

Comment

Is the Schaller the same size as the OFR?

Comment

I think so. Here is what I found from the official Schaller website :

FAQ35104
              I have an original Floyd Rose tremolo, but I would like to replace it with a Schaller tremolo now. Is this possible?

Yes, of course. Our tremolo is identical to the original. You may also use our Schaller spare parts for the Floyd Rose tremolo produced by us.

Comment

Working...
              X