Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I?

Howdy ho all...
    Firstly... new to the forums and everything... so if this is in the wrong place... let me know... especially if there is a designated ID zone for us confused musos...

So, I bought this guitar about 7 years ago...
    Am now coming to sell it... and can't actually find anything on the net to help me to find out what its worth... or what it actually is.

I will post some images below, but here is what I have so far...

It is a Jackson Professional of some sort... as it had professional written under some paint on the headstock. Nothing on the truss rod cover though.
    Pickups are Humbucker, Single Coil, Single Coil (as on a Fat Strat)
    It has a volume knob only (grunge doesn't need tone does it... ), and a 5 way pickup selector.
    I think that originally it was white, as when I bought it it had been (badly may I add) painted the colour you now see.
    It has a black Jackson 'Floyd Rose' floating locking bridge (I think a JT-580 Takeuchi, as it has TAKEUCHI stamped on it)
    Lastly, the serial number on the bolting plate is 6 digits, with no 'J'... its just 928748...

...so any info anyone might have on a year, where its from (guessing its Japanese/Indian as there is no made in U.S.A)

Don't know if its a JS20, with a different neck and no tone knob... or what it might be...

I'm in New Zealand, so don't know its worth here... but if you have any ideas on what it is, and what its worth in US$ even, I'd be greatly appreciative...

Cheers all

1992 Fusion SS
    Made in Japan
    Short scale guitar
    Basswood body.
    Probably worth about $200 - $250 US given it's condition.
    Last edited by rjohnstone; 10-22-2009, 02:10 AM.
    -Rick

Comment

Awesome...

Thats awesome dude... thanks for that.
      Yeah, unfortunately the body needs to be completely sanded back and redone to make it nice... the volume pot needs to be replaced... and some crc/rust killer needs to be wiped over it in a few spots.

Still got a very nice sound though... very heavy/grungy, but a lot of nice sustain...

Cheers for the info

Comment

What life like in New Zealand? Seems like it might be a cool place. Is it spring there now?

Comment

Thats a pretty cool guitar, put some work into and clean it up itd be pretty cool. i HATE FR's though. They become a pain after awhile.
          yermsayin?

Comment

Working...
          X