Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the forum.. dinky std professional?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum.. dinky std professional?

Theres a jackson occasion at my local guitar shop that cought my eye..
    but i cant find any info on the net about the model.. alltough i think its a lower end jackson i do like the guitar

here are some details

it says dinky std on the truss rod cover
    and professional behind the jackson logo

its a H-s-s model with a plexiglass pickguard
    and a non original floyd thats made by shaller

the dot inlays have the same color as the body being metallic blue

hope you guys can help me out

EDIT: i found a picture of a red one
    Last edited by j-ozzy; 10-28-2009, 03:15 PM.

I know at least one member has one, a red one. Cool as hell.

Here's a discussion from a couple of years ago about that model

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68382
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice read.. but i still dont know if is a high end guitar or a lower end one..

The shop is selling it for €850,- now thats alot of money especialy if the other guy in that thread culd snag it for 150 dollars..

Comment

yea , i bought my blue one for 150. they are still pretty nice guitars! mine had some finish cracks in the neck pocket area, so I sold it before they turned into stress cracks! I would buy another at the right price, really good shape 200.325. I would think? but the market is crazy, thing that use to sell for 150 can go for 500, and things that go for 500 can go for 150???
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

€850 is an excesive price...
          ask for a lower it.
          about the "quality range" of the instrument i might say that is the botton of an "A" List... got it?
          Last edited by Hikshredd; 10-29-2009, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hikshredd View Post
            €850 is an excesive price...
            ask for a lower it.
            about the "quality range" of the instrument i might say that is the botton of an "A" List... got it?

Let me add to that! the bottom of the "A" list is because it lacks things like sharkies binding stuff like that oh ebony board! but they are still good players!
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

i thought that the board was rosewood:think:

Comment

it is! this list is stuff it lacks to make it top of the "A" list...

Comment

welcome. if you like pickguards then thats a nice jackson. not sure what the conversion is but i'd have to agree with john. its not worth a whole lot. the schaller does add to its playability tho.

Comment

ill try to talk him down on the price..
                    btw that neck is insane.. it suits me fine (im used to kramers)

Comment

The neck is thin like a ps-4..Kramers are mostly thicker,but not always! like I said here in the U.S 200-300 maybe higher or lower?

Comment

Working...
                      X