No more Jackson Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more Jackson Stars

The trademark issue with Kurosawa Gakki has been resolved, and the MIJ Jacksons built at the Chushin Gakki factory will now be sold under the brand name "Jackson" in the Japanese domestic market, without the "Stars".

The website domain will change from:

to

I expect that there will be a fire sale on Jackson Stars at shops in Japan

In my opinion, the same people had been making the guitars at the same factory for over 20 years, so the guitars were the same regardless of what was written/inlaid on the headstock. I would rather they bring back the custom shop, than change the brand name back to Jackson...
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

interesting! So this makes those old Stars rare & super-desirable, right? Watch out, ebay!
    Hail yesterday

Comment

So what does that mean? No more of those lines, or they just won't say Jackson stars anymore? From what I took. it's the second one...
      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        interesting! So this makes those old Stars rare & super-desirable, right? Watch out, ebay!
        Ikebe is blowing out the Jackson Stars guitars at 50% list...

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
        So what does that mean? No more of those lines, or they just won't say Jackson stars anymore? From what I took. it's the second one...
        The second one. The Japanese factory will still continue to make and sell guitars, but they will drop the "Stars" from the headstocks of guitars for the Japanese market.
        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

da-yum. Neckthrus for under AU$1K! Very nice. Even allowing for shipping, that's a third of what we pay for a neckthru Japanese Jacksons here
          Hail yesterday

Comment

how the hell do i make that site readable? it's all just little blocks with numbers in them!!!

Comment

For some reason I feel kinda sad about it.

Even if they are labeled "Jackson" from now on, I hope they keep on building different models for the japanese market, cause besides RR24M, the other models we have here in Europe and in the USA don't inspire me at all

EDIT :

Originally posted by nafe View Post
              how the hell do i make that site readable? it's all just little blocks with numbers in them!!!
              How about downloading a japanese font?
              2007 Jackson Stars RR Custom
              2005 Jackson Stars RR Semi-custom
              1991 Grover Jackson RR Dan Spitz Professional
              1991 Grover Jackson RR Custom (sold)

Comment

Babelfish.altavista.com
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That's interesting... I'm somehow happy to have aquired a part of the "Stars era" with three beautiful instruments.
                  It's like the extra effort into getting these instruments over here is clearly written on the headstock.
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I'm curious as to how the neck feels on the NT models compared to a USA Select. Anyone know?
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm curious as to why the Japs get all the great stuff while the rest of us get basic stuff at the same price. Be that Jackson guitars or albums, the Japs get everything extra.

Why? I don't remember many great Jap metal bands. In fact...there's never been one. So how come they get bonus tracks on CDs that I don't get, and cool Jackson stuff that I don't get.
                      Hey Japs, you guys suck!
                      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Now they only need to get their (semi-)customshop going again.

Comment

Fuck. So tempted to get a Jackson stars now that it's 50% off. (looks at the KE-01 model)
                          Guitars:
                          Ibanez J-Custom RG8420ZD
                          Ibanez S520EX
                          Jackson DK2M

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                            I'm curious as to how the neck feels on the NT models compared to a USA Select. Anyone know?
                            It's been my experience that the necks on the Stars NT models are thinner front to back than the US selects. I've also found that the Stars RR necks feel a bit thinner than the SL's. Never played a Stars Warrior, so I couldn't tell you about them.

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                            So how come they get bonus tracks on CDs that I don't get, and cool Jackson stuff that I don't get.
                            Hey Japs, you guys suck!
                            I sympathize with your frustration.

In response, allow me to direct you to this quote from the movie "Trainspotting"

It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete assholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and ALL the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference!

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post

Why? I don't remember many great Jap metal bands. In fact...there's never been one.
                              Ever hear of Loudness, you fuggin' racist?
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X