Neck pup for RR Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck pup for RR Pro

I'm going to try a X2N in the bridge, and wondering whats a good match for it in the neck position? It would mainly be used to fatten up clean sounds. What are you guys using?

I´m using now a SD Hotrail in one guitar and a SD Jazz in another one

Comment

I love the Super 2 matched with the X2N. Then again, I like brighter sounds in the neck. A regular Super Distortion will work well, and I'm sure a Super 3 will also be cool. Mike Romeo from Symphony X pairs his X2N up with a Tone Zone.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I just tried the new dimarzio liqifire neck , it sounds awesome. If not that then the tone zone

Comment

I am right in thinking that with a high gain pup like the X2N, you want to match it with a pup also has a high output, as to not drop off the volume level when switching between the two?

Comment

Air Norton. They sound awesome.

Comment

I've got an X2N in my RR1 with a Tone Zone in the neck.The volume level between the two match up well,and it does have a nice fat sound.

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate your input.

Comment

Originally posted by etepbbb View Post
                  I am right in thinking that with a high gain pup like the X2N, you want to match it with a pup also has a high output, as to not drop off the volume level when switching between the two?
                  Yeah, but you can use lower output with it and have good results. Just keep the X2N a little lower. Hell, my RR1T has a Duncan PATB-2 Distortion paired up with a Jazz, and that works fine. The PATB-2 is higher output than an X2N!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X