Will a JTX neck fit a Dinky HX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a JTX neck fit a Dinky HX?

Just wondering my project could use a nice maple board and I would switch them for eachother.

Please let me know.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Not without replacing the bridge. I tried it with a DR3 body and JTX neck. Looked great, did not intonate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
      Not without replacing the bridge. I tried it with a DR3 body and JTX neck. Looked great, did not intonate.
      Huh? Jackson 24-fret necks that are both 25.5" scale will work just fine.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thats what I thought that would make my day! Ill just swap the necks. The JTX is a project that I am doing to learn some new stuff and will most likely end up in the classifieds when done. I found a stripped one that I want to stain and want to steal the neck.
        Haters gonna hate

Comment

THe JTX necks I've seen and owned all had a different heel style - the heel went all the way to the end of the fretboard with no overhang. This puts the bolt holes in the right place for a differnet body, but the nut is too far away and it will not intonate. The Halford Warrior has a JTX neck that I had to shave the heel down to get it to intonate.

HOwever, that also eliminates the squared heel that makes bolt-ons uncomfy to to play higher up, which means your bolt on can feel like a neckthrough.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hmm well either way I will have 2 kick azz customs that I am working on lol. Thanks guys. Not sure if I will make the swap or not.
            Haters gonna hate

Comment

Would the HX accept a dk2m neck then?

Just really thinking this color would lend itslef to a maple board.
              Haters gonna hate

Comment

just realized then I have the issue of a floyd nut on the neck. Maybe ill just stick with the HX neck.
                Haters gonna hate

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  THe JTX necks I've seen and owned all had a different heel style - the heel went all the way to the end of the fretboard with no overhang. This puts the bolt holes in the right place for a differnet body, but the nut is too far away and it will not intonate. The Halford Warrior has a JTX neck that I had to shave the heel down to get it to intonate.

HOwever, that also eliminates the squared heel that makes bolt-ons uncomfy to to play higher up, which means your bolt on can feel like a neckthrough.
                  Ah, that's interesting. Wonder why they changed the heel shape. Guess you never know what's going on in the minds of the people at Jackson...
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

NEWC knows his stuff.
                    JvicE

Comment

Working...
                    X