Can anyone tell me about this guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me about this guitar?

Long story short.. my USA Fender Strat was stolen out of my friend's basement, and he's offered to buy me a new guitar. I went around the pawn shops hoping to get my strat back, and no luck, but I did find this beauty:

The owners didn't really know what it was so I was hoping you guys could fill me in. I'm assuming the EMG isn't original. The trem looks kind of worn but I'll throw an OFR in there if one will fit. They're asking 700$ for it. thanks in advance for any info

Looks like a DK2S. Is that $700 canadian or US? If it is US it probably is not worth it.

Comment

It is a DK2s. Basically a DK2 with a sustainer (the neck pup)

The EMG isn't original and I hope they didn't mess up the electronics while installing the EMG.

If I were to buy that guitar I would carefully check if the sustainer is still working.. But I'm guessing it won't be a big deal to fix it even if there's a problem with the electronics.

As for the DK2 itself, they are pretty decent. They play and sound great imo.. Great bang for the buck..
      Check my bands!
      www.myspace.com/magicktr
      www.myspace.com/sinif64
      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

well it's canadian, but the canadian dollar isn't much different then the US dollar, although guitars are more expensive here no matter what the economy looks like, so you have to factor that in.

and it looks cool., the seymour duncan doesn't look stock either, it probably had duncan designed. These went for like 900 new where I live with the designed pickups in it. So if my friend is gonna buy me this i'll probably take it

but i AM gonna make sure the electronics aren't fried first

Comment

Were the trems square like that on DK2Ss?

Get the ser # 1st Grahf.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I personally don't see anything odd with the trem Ron
            Check my bands!
            www.myspace.com/magicktr
            www.myspace.com/sinif64
            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

The LP looks pretty good also.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                The LP looks pretty good also.
                yeah I noticed that too! Theyre actually asking a decent price for that (1800 bucks, it looks a few years old but no scratches or dings that I see, and it has a yellowed pearl Gibson logo)

Comment

Plug and play before you pay! Nice axe, but OFR won't fit on LP route, and it looks like its tilted back into the body. If the electronics work I'd take it, get a V knob, and do a good setup to level out the bridge. Those guitars are beautiful.
                  "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Working...
                  X