DK2M Dinky Pro with EMG Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2M Dinky Pro with EMG Pickups

I see only two reviews from this ZZounds. Anyone else have any input on this model?

Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro Electric Guitar with EMG Pickups. Compound radius fingerboard. EMG pickups.

I like the easy pay plan at ZZounds. I have only dealt with musicians friend in the past, but they dont offer the pmt plan.

Don't know about their payment plan but have been wanting that guitar for awhile, it looks sweet. Good luck.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Well, I mean, It will play pretty much like a DK2. The Maple may sound a bit different, but nothing you can't fix in your amps eq section. The real question is if the EMGs are right for you. I personally LOVE THE THINGS TO DEATH. But some people hate them. It's an acquired taste.
      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Thanks. So what is the 9 volt for? Are EMG's better than the SD's?

Comment

The EMG's are active pickups, which require the 9-volt.
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Mocha PC-1 View Post
            Thanks. So what is the 9 volt for? Are EMG's better than the SD's?
            Man Active and passives are two completely different beasts I would google or use the search engine on this site and put active vs. passive pickups and after doin some research try to form an opinion deffinently try guitars with each type of PU before you make a desicion Jacksonguy666 swears by EMGs i like passives my self its all just a matter of taste.

Comment

EMG pickups have a certain tone and feel to them unlike any passive pickup.

I like having a guitar with EMG pickups (one) but I definitely do not care for that tone all the time. It's kind of something you need to just try for yourself.

As to better or not... No. EMG pickups aren't better than a good Duncan or DiMarzio. Just different.

Comment

The maple fretboard should provide a brighter tone than a rosewood board, so I would think it would complement the EMG's since I find my neck EMG on my DK1 can be a bit muddy if distorted.
                "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

hmm, are those things zzounds exclusive? Cause I kind of want one..

Comment

Yes they are, I want one too. They should include the case, I tried to get one included for free, all they can do is price match. The HS cases are 119 just about everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                      Don't know about their payment plan but have been wanting that guitar for awhile, it looks sweet. Good luck.
                      You need a credit card that has at least the full amount as your credit line. There is a credit check too so you will be asked for your SSN.

Like I said earlier, I never dealt with this vendor before, so if this post seems like a sales pitch, its not!

Somebody buy one and tell me how it is

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                        The maple fretboard should provide a brighter tone than a rosewood board, so I would think it would complement the EMG's since I find my neck EMG on my DK1 can be a bit muddy if distorted.
                        If they are muddy do the 18v mod. I have 2 with EMG's and that solved there muddy sound.
                        It's pronounced soops

Comment

American musical supply has these guitars aswell. I did the 18 volt mod on a set of EMGs that I had and just got rid of I don't like their sound but it did open them up alot made a big difference over the 9volt.
                          Last edited by tomanyjacksons; 11-22-2009, 02:12 PM.
                          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Those are sexxxy.
                            |My CSG gallery|
                            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

I have that one, and have a difficult time putting it down. If it tells you anything, I told the wife I would trade my KV2 for 2 of these any day. This was my first experience with EMGs and it was difficult to resist the temptation to put them in everything..
                              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Working...
                              X