Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate the flame on my DK2

Dont know which is the best so I'm putting in three:

I bought this DK2 a year ago and from the moment I took it out of the box i've never been confident that i like the cut of wood used for the flame. I just wanted to get some others opinions on it. I'm not sure if you can see it but whats odd is the flame doesnt go from outside to it, the wood has a section right through the middle thats a little more grainy looking.

BUT I love how it plays, wouldnt trade the sound and the feel of it for anything

What do you guys think?

Looks kickass!
    SACRILEGE

Guitars: Jackson King V, Jackson Kelly, Jackson DXMG, Jackson DK2M, Squier Stratocaster MIJ '85 and B.C Rich Whitelock
    Amps: Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, Marshall Valvestate 8100 and Peavey Windsor halfstacks.

Comment

Yeah, that looks pretty great in my opinion. True, the flame isn't as pronounced towards the bridge, but I think it gives it character.
      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I think it looks good. If you see a really well defined flame top and the top is really thick then it's real but if the top looks really good and the guitar didn't cost alot the odds are that it's not even a veneer but a photo finish. i.e. look up foto flame finish on the 80's MIJ fenders.

Comment

I see nothing wrong with it.

Comment

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest, I would give that a 4 but I'm very picky about flame tops. I want crazy flame or I won't even bother.

Comment

looks good

Comment

Alright i feel a bit better about it now, it could definetly be better but at least I know its not crap. I'm about 90% sure its not a photo flame, i've seen plenty on copy strats and the center bit is way to unique to be a photo.
                This is why i hate ordering a guitar, you never know what you're gonna get get. I'd way rather hold the same axe that I'm gonna buy.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

It is difficult to tell. My wife has a pretty decent camera, and it really doesn't do the flame on my KV2 justice.
                  "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

The flame on that one has some character. It almost makes it look like an archtop.
                    It's pronounced soops

Comment

I like the character of it too and like Musician78 said I bet it looks better in person.
                      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Red is really hard to get a good picture. Especially in the sun. Again I think it looks good but I bet it looks better in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                          It is difficult to tell. My wife has a pretty decent camera, and it really doesn't do the flame on my KV2 justice.
                          Unless the top is exceptional and I mean 10+, the angle the pics are taken at is critical. Both my LPs have no flame at certain angles and crazy flame at others.

This shot was taken at a good angle but I don't keep the ones taken at a bad angle.

Comment

Can you believe that this is a 5A quilt top.

photographing red blows.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                              Can you believe that this is a 5A quilt top.
                              photographing red blows.
                              Snapping pics outside of a shiny, glossy guitar is difficult at best but I'll believe it's a 5A top if you say so.

Comment

Working...
                              X