Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion Pro, a good buy?

Hi..
    I wonder what the opinions are about a Fusion Professional Standard from -93? Good and bad?
    Where were they made?
    What makes me consider it is it has 24,75" scale and 24 frets, which is ideal for me. It has a very decent price too...
    I play mainly rock, metal so the stock pups might need to be changed too... Or not?
    All opinions are welcome.

Pro = Made in Japan
    Fusion = short-scale (24 3/4)

Never played one myself, but they're generally regarded as nice guitars for the money.
    Scott

Comment

Another vote for good guitar if the price is right. Lots of folks on here are big fans of the pro series, myself included.

Comment

Thanks for the input!
        Well, it's a bit banged up estethically(?) with dings and stuff but is supposed to play ok...
        I'm considering it a project buy, repaint, some new hardware, pickups and so on. If the basic guitar is a good one, it'll be nice after some work done to it?
        The price is nice, to be Sweden anyway, new guitars here are generally muuuuch more expensive than in the US...
        How's the neck thickness? I like thin necks, not Ibanez Wizard thin, but almost.

Comment

I used to have a Fusion pro, it was a great player and a very solid guitar..
          Check my bands!
          www.myspace.com/magicktr
          www.myspace.com/sinif64
          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by ztevie View Post
            Thanks for the input!
            Well, it's a bit banged up estethically(?) with dings and stuff but is supposed to play ok...
            I'm considering it a project buy, repaint, some new hardware, pickups and so on. If the basic guitar is a good one, it'll be nice after some work done to it?
            The price is nice, to be Sweden anyway, new guitars here are generally muuuuch more expensive than in the US...
            How's the neck thickness? I like thin necks, not Ibanez Wizard thin, but almost.

I have 2 Fusion Pros and the necks are nice and slim but not Wizard thin so you should like it.
            www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Killer guitars if you like the short scale. That's the only thing that killed it for me.
              Originally posted by horns666
              The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Nah, I like the shorter scale. Had a Peavey Vandenberg for many years that I sold in some temporary insane state of mind! :idea:

Can't get over how smooth that guitar played, so I think I really should have a short scale. I also like 24 fret guitars, so that narrow the choices down some...

Comment

If it has a ebony board and MOP logo and inlays it is worth it IMO . It is very comparable to the USA version . I have owned three PROs and one USA and they played just as good. If it has a rosewood board it would have to be in really nice shape , near new for me to coinsider it . Unless it is really cheap under $250 US with a case , but again that is just my opinion.
                  Mike
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

I love my Fusion. Check with Audiozone to see which model it is.

It's pronounced soops

Comment

It's a black Fusion Standard as seen here: http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....738&fullsize=1

Altougyh seller says it's a professional and it has this stamped on the truss rod cover. Can't see if the guitar in the catalog scan has that?

Comment

Originally posted by ztevie View Post
                        It's a black Fusion Standard as seen here: http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....738&fullsize=1

Altougyh seller says it's a professional and it has this stamped on the truss rod cover. Can't see if the guitar in the catalog scan has that?
                        See, that's a Professional, but not a PRO (confusing). The PRO models had ebony fretboard, binding, MOP sharkies, basically the same as a USA guitar, but cheaper because they were MIJ.

Jackson USA started loosing sales because the PROs were so good. So they started getting rid of USA features on the MIJ guitars. First to go was the ebony, then the sharkies and binding. Then the hardware, going away from Schaller trems to cheaper stuff.

Comment

well, I say grab it if the price is right. only thing I woudl be concerned about is excess fret wear. if the frets are good and the only issues are asthetic, GRAB IT! you can always paint it and do pickups if the price is right cuz they are great guitars. I just snagged a Charvel MIJ fusion 24 3/4" scale off ebay for $250. it had a few issues. its currently being repainted. its going to be a great gutiar when I am done with it.
                          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

The Pro Standard models from 93 weren't bad at all, they simply did not have the USA features (ebony boards, etc). That certainly doesn't mean they're of lesser build-quality, which is all that really matters.

However, if you can get one from the same period with the USA-features for the same price, then the choice is obvious.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                            X