Good price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
    It could possibly be a King V student model. You really need a better pic of that headstock.
    Was there such a thing? This one sure looks like a 1995 MIJ KV2 bolt-on with dots. I wouldn't pay more than 3 bills for this.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      Was there such a thing? This one sure looks like a 1995 MIJ KV2 bolt-on with dots. I wouldn't pay more than 3 bills for this.
      Yeah looks like it's an import KV2, but yes there was a student model King V:

Comment

But what about with the upgrades. New Dimebucker bridge pickup, completely new hardware, OHSC, and mirrored backplates. Anything any good?

Comment

It's still the same guitar with or without all the other upgrades on it. With the hardware change to chrome is the new bridge a good one or a POS? A 1980s King V is showing that it's a mid to late 90s, is the guy on the up and up? When did Jackson start putting info in the neck joint? Guy being a luthier for 28 years and hasn't had the neck and body apart? Ultimately it boils down to though what's it worth to you. I am a bit cynical though.
          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I was thinking maybe $500 maximum for it.

Also the new pickup is GIGGITY... It's pretty good, although I'd end up swapping it so I don't have the same pickup in my Rhoads (Rhoads has the OBL L500XL).

Comment

I wouldn't buy that guitar period. maybe $200, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Foulacy View Post
                I wouldn't buy that guitar period. maybe $200, maybe.
                Why not?

Comment

Sent another pic, says it says Profesional on the headstock:

Comment

That's not a Dimebucker. Not even a duncan. It might be a Kent Armstrong motherbucker or didn't old kramers have a pup like that? Quad rail or some copy. Can't make out what bridge but looks like a lic. because of the angle of the plate. Like a JT580LP or some FR Pro copy. My opinion, there's not really anything special about the guitar. The extras are things you can pick up cheap or trade for. I paid $325 for my '94 Kelly XL (purple) with a JB in the bridge and OHSC which is definitely a step up in the professional line in my opinion. I'd keep looking unless you can get it for $250 or $300. If you REALLY want that guitar in that color, maybe SLIGHTLY higher. Like was said, it's worth what YOU are willing to pay but he really does have it priced very high.
                    Last edited by warlok; 11-24-2009, 07:41 PM.
                    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                      That's not a Dimebucker. Not even a duncan. It might be a Kent Armstrong motherbucker or didn't old kramers have a pup like that? Quad rail or some copy. Can't make out what bridge but looks like a lic. because of the angle of the plate. Like a JT580LP or some FR Pro copy. My opinion, there's not really anything special about the guitar. The extras are things you can pick up cheap or trade for. I paid $325 for my '94 Kelly XL (purple) with a JB in the bridge and OHSC which is definitely a step up in the professional line in my opinion. I'd keep looking unless you can get it for $250 or $300. If you REALLY want that guitar in that color, maybe SLIGHTLY higher. Like was said, it's worth what YOU are willing to pay but he really does have it priced very high.
                      Thanks man, ya I told him to fuck off pretty much. New guitar day however...

Comment

Working...
                      X