Good price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good price?

Hey guys, I've been gassing for a King V and a purple guitar for a while now, and I've been watching this for a while:

The original price was $800 like 2 months ago, now it's only $600. I messaged the guy, and he doesn't know what it's made out of, (he says it's from the 80's so I assume poplar or knowing Jackson alder :P ), and told me he'll cut me a great deal. He replaced all of the hardware from black to chrome, and replaced the bridge pickup with a Dimebucker (he includes all of the original stuff as well).

So my main question is, is this a good price? If not, could someone help me come up with a good offer price?

Is it made in the USA? If it's not that's was too high of a price.

Comment

It's a Professional, Made In Japan.

Comment

I think it's this one. 96 KV2 made from poplar. Hard to find but to me I wouldn't pay more than 400-450.

Comment

But that's a KV2, those were made in the states.

I just got a message from him saying it's basswood... I don't think he knows wtf he has, so I'm just getting the serial number

Thanks man

Comment

I wouldn't pay that much for it. I'd get a cobalt swirl kvx10 personally, for less than that, through one of dealer sponsors. Supposedly they aren't as "good" as the professionals, but I've liked the ones I've played.

M'fer loves him some commas tho. 26 of em in his ad. lol

He does mention "make offer" tho. Shoot him a lowball offer and see what he comes back with.
            |My CSG gallery|
            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

I just asked for the serial number, so I know what year it was made, proper specs, etc.

I was thinking of offering him $400 and see where he goes with that.

Comment

But that's a KV2, those were made in the states.
                I don't think the early ones were. if you look at the 97 catalog it says professional on the headstock. All the early MIJ Vs only hade one knob. I know the KV2 came in that color.

Comment

You got a point there, but I still want to find out with the serial number.
                  He said the serial number is 503097

Comment

Does anybody know where I could research this more?

Comment

It could possibly be a King V student model. You really need a better pic of that headstock.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                        It could possibly be a King V student model. You really need a better pic of that headstock.
                        That is a good idea, should probably ask for one

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          I actually think it might be this so far:

(Purple one on the top)

Comment

By the serial number it's a 95, but I think it's a 96 model(color and knob)

Comment

That does make sense, more information will appear when he sends me a picture of the headstock.

Comment

Working...
                              X