$599 RR24M- sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RobRR View Post
    Mine just got the router treatment. Finishing up wiring then setup then pics... maybe tomorrow depending on how late it is.
    Have you seen the Gibson Holy V? Maybe get creative on the routing and make a super lightweight RR?

Comment

• Well, here we are! Added a neck EMG, a 3 way toggle (my fav, wish Jackson still used them on everything like they used to), lo-pro metal pup rings which is a must on every rececessed Floyd guitar, and an allen holder (not pictured).

This isnt the first time Ive done this, so I was pretty confident cutting into a brand new axe. Over all with teardown, prep, routing, dinner, drilling, installing, wiring, and fret polish and setup took about 4 hrs. I located the 3 way the same distance from the vol knob as it is on my Kelly Pro, 2.1" away on center, parallel to the outside edge of body. Was nice to be able to relax and work on a guitar for a change, been so busy with other stuff havent really had the chance to as of late.

I figured, hey... if I couldnt trade it for what I wanted, I might as well MAKE it how I want and have a new stage axe with all the features I want. Im happy as hell with it now! I think the neck pup really adds to the looks of the guitar, considering I wasnt crazy about it as it came.

Last edited by RobRR; 12-16-2009, 01:34 AM.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

• Rob: That looks awesome and makes me want that guitar even more.

Anyway, nice job and enjoy that git.

Comment

• Good job Rob, looks great. Did the neck cause any issues with routing? I'm guessing you had something on the body of the guitar that the router rested on?

Comment

• Awesome job Rob!!! Congratz!
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

• Very nice great job!!!
              How does it feel playing with the front pup that close?[does your pick hit the pickup or anything wierd]
              Looks great!

Comment

• Don, basically you shim up your routing template until its just above the fretboard. I have mine preset so I basically just screw it on and go.

metalone, feels pretty much just like every other 24 fret 2 hum axe... the neck pup kina gets in the way a little bit, but nothing bad. Its alot better than the damn useless middle pup in an HSS setup!
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

• metalone, feels pretty much just like every other 24 fret 2 hum axe... the neck pup kina gets in the way a little bit, but nothing bad. Its alot better than the damn useless middle pup in an HSS setup![/QUOTE]

Yeah I hate the middle pickup, many times it's right on the sweet spot and gets in the way when you dig in
                  Again looks great

Comment

• Hey Rob, you did a pro job on that one!

Do you lay down tape to protect the finish from cracking or score it with a knife edge first?
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• I lay down blue low-tac tape to protect the finish from scratches, but thats about all it does. As long as you have a high quality, sharp router bit, you will RARELY get any chipout... Ive never had any. Go slow and let the bit do the work.

I was actually going to put a single coil there as H/S config just looks badass, but I wanted to stay with EMGs and EMG single coils are weak as hell. I like a meaty pup in the neck, so in went another 81.

Comment

• Great joerb, Rob!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Great Job Rob),looks really put togeather now! excellent -also would like to see that polka dot one ....
                          Last edited by highvoltage; 12-17-2009, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• Decided to bring this guitar to pratice tonight, and maaaaaaaan, Im glad I did! WOW, just WOW is all I can say. The sound is fucking CRUSHING, sustains forever, 3 way toggle is so easy to hit mid solo then put back... Im totally in love, and Ive found my new stage guitar without a doubt.

And make no mistake, I have ALOT of guitars in the stable USA's, imports, you name it... this is now one of my favorites, and thats sayin somethin! Just wow! I guess fate has its reasons in me getting this axe, now I wouldnt trade it for anything!

Comment

• Right On Rob,that's really cool!

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                                Decided to bring this guitar to pratice tonight, and maaaaaaaan, Im glad I did! WOW, just WOW is all I can say. The sound is fucking CRUSHING, sustains forever, 3 way toggle is so easy to hit mid solo then put back... Im totally in love, and Ive found my new stage guitar without a doubt.

And make no mistake, I have ALOT of guitars in the stable USA's, imports, you name it... this is now one of my favorites, and thats sayin somethin! Just wow! I guess fate has its reasons in me getting this axe, now I wouldnt trade it for anything!
                                I'd have to agree. I'm not to hot one the looks, but the tone and playability is awesome. That extra hum sounds like a great idea, but I have 2 USA RR's with dual hums, so I'm going to keep this one a single hum. The paint job, that may be a different story.

The thing I'm most afraid of is what will this guitar look like when the maple fretboard starts to wear? I love that look on Fenders and the DK2M, but a dirty "relic" fretboard on an RR just doesn't sound right.

Comment

Working...
                                X