this is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is...

....the only import jackson i have, SN 9707653. i don't think i ever posted any pictures of it. i bought it about 4 years ago on e-bay for $125.00. if i remember right, this is a PS-7. it is an amazing player and quite a looker, too.

i customized it a bit to make it look less generic. first thing i did was remove the white fret markers and replaced them with black fret markers. it was quite easy. the 12th fret dots are really far apart and it annoys me, so with the black i can barely see them!!!

next i had a custom pickguard made. these come with a horrible, thin flat black guard in HSS. i had one made out of 1-ply parchment, in an HS configuration.

then i installed EMG pick-ups, an 85 in the bridge and an SA in the neck.

i replaced the factory wilkinson with a better one. i put black knurled knobs and wired the EMG's to a 3 way blade. it sounds and plays great. i have the bridge flat to the body with 5 springs (no trem use on this one). this guitar is often tuned to open G with the low E dropped to C. sometimes it's tuned standard, or dropped D...just depends.

anyway, here are the pics!!! sorry they are grainy - just got a new camera and i am playing with the settings...

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

I am lovin it great axe!!
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

That looks sweet!

EJ

Comment

Thats a nice looking guitar.

Comment

Liking that trans blue finish. Purdy.
            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Ballsack!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
              X