Dreaming about 7 strings Pro Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreaming about 7 strings Pro Series

It really would be good to have a of 7-String Warrior, Kelly, KingV or Rhoads PRO-Series, Why Jackson managers haven´t put in mass production one of these guitars? I have only seen some of these guitars, all Custom Shops
    there´s already a 7 Dinky, and??

I imagine if they were in mass production it would drop the sales of other models???

they have had import production Dinky, Kelly & Rhoads 7s in the past, but I guess they didn't sell well enough to warrant continued production. Maybe sales of the COW and consumer demand isn't high enough to look at a major re-entry into the 7 string market.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

The problem was those imports were terrible. If they did something at the RR3/KE3 or RR5/KV5 quality level, they'd sell better.
      ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Ibanez, Schecter, ESP, Dean have very good sales in 7-string guitars, Why Jackson must be different? that Olde Wolbers 7-Dinky is too expensive, not too attractive nor Floyd Rose

Comment

Any other 7-string imports will be priced similarly to the Wolbers, so again you'd be faced with paying more than you wanted to.

You could say you'd wait to grab one on the used market, but if everyone else thought that way, then who's going to buy them in order for them to have a used market?
          No one.

The RR7 and KE7 were based on the RR3 and KE3 platform, so the quality level was there, it's just there wasn't enough interest.

Also, the RR and KE have balance issues already compared to the Strat-styles, so a 7-string would be even worse.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I guess Jackson had better move production to China/Taiwan so they can compete with Ibanez, ESP & Schecter in the $300 7 string market. Because when they actually make a 7 string, it's apparently too expensive. Damn them for keeping so much of their production in Japan
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              The RR7 and KE7 were based on the RR3 and KE3 platform, so the quality level was there, it's just there wasn't enough interest.
              I wouldn't say the quality was there on the original generation of Japanese 7-strings. I have yet to play one that was very good. Personally, I thought they were a very half-assed effort by Jackson. The COW-7 is a much better instrument.

I assume the OP is expressing a desire for a neckthru 7-string, which appears to be on the slate for introduction at the next NAMM show. Neckthru SL and KV models would absolutely slay the competition, even if they are a bit more expensive than Schecter or LTD.

Comment

Yeah, the 7 strings were pretty weak. I have a dead mint RR7R, but the fret ends were lifting up. Got another very nice used neck as it was cheaper than a full fret job, and even those fret ends were lifted! So I returned that guitar, bought a bunch of fretworking tools and never looked back!

In hindsight, that guitar is the reason Im as good with fretwork as I am today... if those frets werent fucked up, Id have never bought the tools to start doing them myself! So I do have the shitty Jackson 7 string series to thank for that!
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Jackson Stars did limited runs of neck thru SL, KE, RR and KV (no WR) models for Japan, so they're all tooled up for it. I'm just sorry I only bought a KE when you could still get them. Would love to have a rear-loaded 24 fret RR.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                    Jackson Stars did limited runs of neck thru SL, KE, RR and KV (no WR) models for Japan, so they're all tooled up for it. I'm just sorry I only bought a KE when you could still get them. Would love to have a rear-loaded 24 fret RR.
                    I had one of the Stars SL-7s, and mine unfortunately turned out to be something of a dog. I don't think it was inherent in the design, however. The neck profile on mine was fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                      I guess Jackson had better move production to China/Taiwan so they can compete with Ibanez, ESP & Schecter in the $300 7 string market. Because when they actually make a 7 string, it's apparently too expensive. Damn them for keeping so much of their production in Japan
                      Well the issue is those companies manage to make 7-string cheaper than the COW7 that are comparable in quality and have better features, especially Schecter with the Loomis. I love my COW7 to dead but there's no way I would have paid the $1,300 it would have cost me to get one new. The Ibanez 1527M is also more expensive but honestly feels like a more solid guitar.

They just need a 2 pickup non-signature 7 string that's comparable to the regular DK2 and DK2M

Comment

Working...
                      X