Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dk2 neck for Kelly? And a few other questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dk2 neck for Kelly? And a few other questions.

I had this wonderful idea just now... How would it turn out if I put my Kelly neck on my Dk2 and the Dk2 neck on my kelly?

Im just wandering because I'd like to have sharkfins and a binding on my Kelly... The kelly neck it self is better tho, but the frets are bit worn out and I am more fond of Kelly than Dinky... but I'd like to try. They both have floyd and 24 frets so I assume it will work but I dont wana try changing necks since I just put new strings in both of them.

Here is the kelly. Its a Professional Std model, its 85 r sum. not really sure.
    Here is a pic of its current situation.

The Dinky is just that old Dk2 which had Duncan Designed () Very standard guitar. I did put Dimarzio in the bridge and put new plain black covers on the single coils.

If you really need a pic of then I can get it

And some ther questions... If I can change the necks then I was thinking about exhangeing hardwere too. Since the kelly would have a chrome nut but a black floyd... would the Dk2 floyd fit in the kelly? and vice versa, the kelly floyd in the Dk2. They look quite similar at least. And I was thinking about getting a better neck for the Dkd later anyways.

And some ID questions about this one here:

Its a Jackson Performer with this serial I think 1048842, how old is that thing? And worth what today? (modified with a JB in the bridge)

And again, would that neck fit into my dk2? And do most jackson necks fit each others body's? Just as long it has the same scale and fret count?

I hope get nice answers!
    If any type of detailed pics are needed, then its no problem to get them. Just ask!
    SACRILEGE

Guitars: Jackson King V, Jackson Kelly, Jackson DXMG, Jackson DK2M, Squier Stratocaster MIJ '85 and B.C Rich Whitelock
    Amps: Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, Marshall Valvestate 8100 and Peavey Windsor halfstacks.

Thats the kelly, the bottom line on here.
    http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=61&pos=6
    SACRILEGE

Guitars: Jackson King V, Jackson Kelly, Jackson DXMG, Jackson DK2M, Squier Stratocaster MIJ '85 and B.C Rich Whitelock
    Amps: Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, Marshall Valvestate 8100 and Peavey Windsor halfstacks.

Comment

Yes a Dk2 neck will work fine on a Ke3 body, here's a fine example.
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
        Yes a Dk2 neck will work fine on a Ke3 body, here's a fine example.
        Wow! nice... and does ke3 have the same measurement's as a Kelly pro std?
        SACRILEGE

Comment

i've got a trans red,all black hardware ps6t kelly with a dk2 neck fits perfect and looks original. i will say the original neck did feel a little better/ faster the the dk2 , but not much. it is about my favorite to play, that one is also dropped tuned btw.
          DK2 EERIE DESS
          KE3 CUSTOM
          KELLY PROFESSIONAL
          KELLY PS6T W/ DK2 NECK
          RR3 PRO
          BC RICH MR-7 STEALTH
          KRAMER VOYAGER
          LINE6 HD150 SPIDER IV HEAD
          TWIN CRATE 4X12 CABS

Comment

I have a KE3 with a DK1 neck.

No issues.

Comment

Ok great! But what about the bridge? Can I switch them over? And what about the performer?
              SACRILEGE

Comment

DK2 neck on a KE3.

As for the bridge - are they both JT580's? If so, no problems. If not, you'll have the strings off to change the necks anyway, so just try it and see. It'll only take five minutes.

Ther Performers are entry level Jacksons so I don't think what you have is worth a great deal. I only paid £100 for my JDR-94 Concept which is basically the same guitar, just the first version of it.
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                  DK2 neck on a KE3.

As for the bridge - are they both JT580's? If so, no problems. If not, you'll have the strings off to change the necks anyway, so just try it and see. It'll only take five minutes.

Ther Performers are entry level Jacksons so I don't think what you have is worth a great deal. I only paid £100 for my JDR-94 Concept which is basically the same guitar, just the first version of it.
                  Great, thanks I'm going to do this when I finish painting my Charvette.
                  SACRILEGE

Comment

Working...
                  X