No announcement yet.

SL3 love? Post pics etc!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the older ones didnt appeal all that much chrome hardware doesent suit every colour, the newer ones are better value for money real duncans, but I think the biggest turnoff is the rosewood cheap looking inlays and lack of binding...

I would be quite interested if they offered an SL-3M though...

Saying that it's not that common i've seen more usa's than i've seen Sl-3's....

I do prefer the look of my sls-3's inlays and fretboard I would expect the SL-3 to be around the same quality...

Actually the Sl-3M would be pretty cool and I assume easy for jackson to offer as they'd just use the RR24M's necks..

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
      Yours has a thin neck? Weird, mine has the fattest neck of any of my guitars!

That's a lovely colour too mate.
      Yes indeed it does. My SL2 has a much wider neck but probably the same depth. There is no comparing a Jackson neck to a 59 style Les Paul neck. The lack of compound radius on my Fender and LTD make them noticeably different and in my opinion slightly fatter.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The consensus is that Jacksons look better with ebony and MOP as well as binding, I don't really adhere to that but when you make a post asking the group why they don't like a particular guitar that has none of there traits you are bound to get some negativity. I really enjoy mine and it sounds like you enjoy yours and that is all that really counts.
      1997 Dark Candy Red SL1
      2002 Candy Apple Green DK1
      2008 Satin Black SL3
      2011 Charvel Socal Candy Red
      2010 Les Paul Standard Plus Cherry Burst

Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Comment

Working...
      X