My neck swapping worked! (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My neck swapping worked! (pics)

My neck swapping worked! I took my kelly neck and put it on the Dk2 and the Dk2 neck on the Kelly. Shit, this is fucking Great! somehow they actually fit better this way!

Before:

After:

I was thinkin, since this crappy Dk2 floyd suck so much an cant keep any tuning... (><) I was wondering if a Original floyd would fit in the cavity?

The Dk2 (now only called Dinky), Didnt turn as much of a looker when he lost that beatiful neck, but he plays alot better. (also installed a DiMarzio Evolution)

and a Jackson Group Shot!

Jackson Dinky (Dimarzio Evolution), Jackson Kelly (DiMarzio X2N) and Jackson KV (Dimarzio Evolution).
    SACRILEGE

Guitars: Jackson King V, Jackson Kelly, Jackson DXMG, Jackson DK2M, Squier Stratocaster MIJ '85 and B.C Rich Whitelock
    Amps: Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, Marshall Valvestate 8100 and Peavey Windsor halfstacks.

O

OFR...Gotoh...Ping...Schaller...all direct drop-ins for the JT580.

Comment

Not sure why you thought it wouldn't work:dunno:

Enjoy

Comment

I've said for years that Jackson puts the wrong necks on their bolt-ons. Almost every one I've swapped between different models (i.e. DK to KV, DK to Kelly, KV to DK, etc) has fit better and played smoother than the one that came on it.

I've got two WRMGs with swapped necks that would make you jizz from the low, smooth, USA-quality action, and all I did was turn 4 bolts.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

told yah.:idea:
          DK2 EERIE DESS
          KE3 CUSTOM
          KELLY PROFESSIONAL
          KELLY PS6T W/ DK2 NECK
          RR3 PRO
          BC RICH MR-7 STEALTH
          KRAMER VOYAGER
          LINE6 HD150 SPIDER IV HEAD
          TWIN CRATE 4X12 CABS

Comment

Originally posted by mustaine-who? View Post
            OFR...Gotoh...Ping...Schaller...all direct drop-ins for the JT580.
            Great

But yeah, there is one thing, the screws werent the same size, the kelly screws were a bit bigger and the went into the body, as in he had no neck plate. That was worrying me a bit but both necks are tight in now

Thanks for all advices!
            SACRILEGE

Guitars: Jackson King V, Jackson Kelly, Jackson DXMG, Jackson DK2M, Squier Stratocaster MIJ '85 and B.C Rich Whitelock
            Amps: Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, Marshall Valvestate 8100 and Peavey Windsor halfstacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              I've said for years that Jackson puts the wrong necks on their bolt-ons. Almost every one I've swapped between different models (i.e. DK to KV, DK to Kelly, KV to DK, etc) has fit better and played smoother than the one that came on it.

I've got two WRMGs with swapped necks that would make you jizz from the low, smooth, USA-quality action, and all I did was turn 4 bolts.

List some neck/body combos that work better than stock. I have several Dinky Reverse from the earlier stage 90s to the mid to late 90s, a few Kellys mid/late 90s and a couple of the cheaper Performer/DK models mid/late 90s.

Comment

RR666 was really considering doing this. Although, with a KE3 body. Good to see this worked though.
                I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Yeah! A Jackson pointy guitar looks a lot better with bound neck + sharkies.

Comment

That Kelly needs black hardware.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

good swap both look better to me, that dinky became more sexy.

i'm a fan of dots on strat styled guitars, but definitely fins for a Kelly or RR1.

Comment

You just built a Kelly XL-ish (not MOP.. and the DK2 is a bit thicker). Looks kick ass!! Points are trashed on my Kelly XL and those pics got me thinking about refinishing in black. Wife want's it to stay purple.. Hmm..

And have you taken a good look at the JT580LP on the DK2? I've NEVER had a problem with any of the ones I have on almost all my Jacksons.. Could be a simple issue.
                        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Did you have to work on the intonation much on either guitar, or did it fall into place? Both look really good.
                          "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Working...
                          X