No announcement yet.

My frankenstein-ish baby ^^

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm stilling missing a push/pull pot, so no progress yet, but I did take of the neck today.
    Sadly both neck and body were 'clean'. No serials or any other kind of id on either of em. The body did have an extra hole in the neck pocket, kinda like this one, though mine didn't have that nasty crack :p any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by kc7txm View Post
      I still cannot figure anything out about the serial number, a seven digit serial should not start with a 5? It is outside of the range of anything I can think of. Does anyone have any ideas?
      Yeah:

One very early monday, when they were stamping the plates at the japanese factory, they put Shiro on the job - and he was really really hung over from they previous weekend.

He had met up with his buddies on Sat. night, they had been bowling, met up with their girlfriends and went to a dinner out on the town. Then they went to a karaoke bar, and from there on, Shiro's memories went a little fuzzy.

He woke up late on Saturday, in his bed, with a strange midget next to him in bed, and with various items strewn about that were apparently stolen from a Burger King someplace. And an angry voice mail from his girlfriend, breaking up with him.

All weekend was like an unreal, distant haze, and standing there by the machine, he never noticed his mistake; putting a "5" in place of "9" in the machine. ...Until his boss walked by and started smacking him over the head. They had to bin all those plates... ...but one stray plate just happened to slip into the "finished plates" crate...

:idea:

Edit: Heheh... best idea I can come up with.
      Last edited by Sunbane; 02-13-2010, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Wiring is back in order, but now the ffing Licensed floyd decided that it would be a good time to crap out. The spring tore out of the block :@ .

Edit: Nevermind, It's a JT500. So no OFR replacement
        Last edited by GeofJackson; 04-17-2010, 09:36 AM.

Comment

just a PS-2 MIK or MII if it were a ps-4 it would be a left hand neck on a right hand guitar because they are revs headstock guitars! 200 dollar range guitar probably, if you like it who cares: )
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Did PS-2's come with 24 fret necks? She's getting a new schaller floyd this summer. Pretty expensive around here though

Comment

Originally posted by GeofJackson View Post
              Did PS-2's come with 24 fret necks? She's getting a new schaller floyd this summer. Pretty expensive around here though
              I don't know the performer line very well but IIRC, the PS1 was a 22 fretter, PS2 and PS4 were both 24 fretters. There were a couple of differences between the PS2 and PS4.
              PS2 - SSH, standard Headstock, a pickguard and regular dot inlays
              PS4 HSH, reverse Headstock, no pickguard, small dot inlays (near the low E)

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
                I don't know the performer line very well but IIRC, the PS1 was a 22 fretter, PS2 and PS4 were both 24 fretters. There were a couple of differences between the PS2 and PS4.
                PS2 - SSH, standard Headstock, a pickguard and regular dot inlays
                PS4 HSH, reverse Headstock, no pickguard, small dot inlays (near the low E)
                Ah. Thanks ^^

Comment

Working...
                X