Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HNGD! 09' Jackson RR24 BK/YW [DISCONTINUED]

Hello All,

This is the beginning of my JCFonline history to come. I'm new and I thought why not join the forum since I now own my very own Jackson guitar.

Though I directly have a story for y'all. I ordered my RR24 with yellow bevels around 1 month ago @ music-store (in Cologne, Germany) and 2 weeks after I ordered and some emailing :

Von: Robin Oldekamp [mailto:[email protected]]
    Gesendet: Dienstag, 17. November 2009 15:00
    An: ********
    Betreff: RR24

Hello ****** (Or *****, ******* said get in contact with **** but the email account says ******** so I'm not sure of your name)

Max said I should contact you since you are his boss and ask you questions too since he isn't at work every day and you're there when he isn't and vice versa.

The website first told me my ordered Jackson RR24 would probably arrive at the store 16.11.2009, but since today it says 27.11.2009

Do you have any idea when mine arrives, or has arrived? We called and we should been able to pick it up this saturday if everything went according to plan, would you be so kind to inform me when you think it arrives, will I be able to pick it up Saturday?

They would set it up on tuning CGCFAD with 0.11 to 0.52 strings for me, I don't know if that helps you for looking but I thought it might.

I hope to hear from you soon, thanks!

-Robin Oldekamp
    This is what he sent me back:

Dear Robin,

the Fender Company, witch is the owner and distributer of Jackson Guitars, just called me to tell me bad news.

they´re still producing the RR 24 but they changed colors.

They stopped producing the guitar in black with yellow bevels

And changed it to gold with black bevels

I send a picture too..

The other colors : black with red bevels

http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/art-GIT0010290-000

And

White with black bevels

http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/art-GIT0010288-000

so you mite change the color in you order

Kind regards

I couldn't believe it and I could almost started crying (I actually did have tears lol) and I asked him to verify.
    Got this back:

Dear Robin,

of cause i know that you preordered a RR 24 in Black and Yellow

and of cause I ordered that guitar for you at Fender/Jackson Europe

but yesterday they called us an canceled our order about that guitar cause they stopped producing black and yellow.

Yes I am 100 % sure

Jackson canceled our order about your black and yellow RR 24

And told us that there will be no black and yellow anymore,

cause Jackson changed to gold and black

Even if that sounds totally nuts to me…

Kind Regards

So then I quickly ordered one at thomann.de (another great music shop I'm sure most of you know) and got it around 2 weeks or 3 weeks ago. Loved it every since.

I thought I'd just share this with you all since I haven't read anything about this on the internet yet (so it isn't publically announced I guess, the jackson website still doesn't have the gold one instead of mine) but I do believe this is true. So anyone out there thinking of buying the black RR24 with yellow bevels: do it now!

Oh yeah, some pics of course!

So I guess I'm new here.. Hi!

Congrats. That's not discontinued. The limited edition black/yellow that's discontinued has ivoroid (off-white) neck and headstock binding and reverse sharkfin inlays. He probably got confused.

Yours is a regular production model with black binding and regular sharkfins.

There is also the gold with black bevels.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

although I'm not eager on bashing anyone online, there's nothing positive I could ever say about service in the musicstore cologne.
      I think they're just a bunch of lazy asses, whenever you call for some information "the expert" just left for lunch, is ill today, gone to the storing rooms or whatnut.
      I once wanted to check out a WRMG there and asked kindly for a battery.
      they left me standing there for about 20 mins, and whoever I told about my problem said the guy will be back soon.
      when he showed up again, he of course forgot to get me a battery. instead of being sorry he just said the guitar sucks anyway.
      they just show some kind of service when you come in waving with bills and a clear intention to buy. but then; they will recommend anything you show interest in.
      if you pay attention to the salesman around there all you hear is; well this guitar is awesome, I got one of these on my own... or; when it first arrived we couldn't stop playing it.
      it's always the same talk when I'm there.

I had way better experiences with thomann. they are kind on the phone, take their time informing you, ship fast and don't complain if you got an issue with one of your orderings or something.

well, ayway; it's a fine guitar you got there!
      a buddy of mine has got one in white, and I really liked it. great quality for the price.
      even though I'm still not sure what to think of the logos matching the bevel colors.
      but anyway, nice guitar, I hope you enjoy it!
      and welcome to the forum!
      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I'm glad you got the guitar you wanted. Thomann is indeed great, I've never had problems with them. I buy most my stuff there. I've had serious problems with other german dealers thought.

Comment

DUde my Brain is not that messed up. Of course I know About the limited edition! :P

No, this is now seriously discontinued, also the regular one! I'm not telling you Guys bogus here!!

Comment

Maybe just in Europe? Haven't heard anything about it.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Grats on your guitar man

That music store in Cologne that's funny shit, cause it's just like Guitar Center here

Comment

I know Sam Ash just had a blowout on RR24s and if you go to their website (along with Guitar Center and Musician's Friend), they are listed but not in the Black/Yellow like above. Matt's still has that color listed so who knows?
                My gear
                87 Charvel Model 6
                86 Charvel Model 4
                93 Jackson RR EX
                93 Jackson Kelly STD
                88 Ibanez RG560
                99 Schecter Diamond C-7
                Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Maybe just in Europe? Haven't heard anything about it.
                  If I understood correctly, it won't even be produced any longer so this counts for every country (sadly) I guess..

I get all bashers on youtube when I tell' this commenting on peoples videos to get one quick if they still want one. I get called a liar by people who don't know me or just can't find the story so they assume I'm lying (while I'm not!)..

Comment

Wow,Congrats on getting the one you wanted that looks awesome!
                    .........Thanks for posting up pics of your NEW RR24 BK/YW
                    Last edited by highvoltage; 01-04-2010, 07:35 PM. Reason: My info was wrong

Comment

Cool color...nice guitar mate..

Comment

Originally posted by highvoltage View Post
                        Wow,Congrats on getting the one you wanted that looks awesome!
                        I don't like to bash ,but i cant understand why they would discontinue one of the most popular color combination's that people choose.They spray hundreds of different colors on hundreds of different guitars...i just don't know about the direction fender has went with the Jackson branch of the company.........Thanks for posting up pics of your NEW RR24 BK/YW
                        This guitar only became possible because of Fender. Prior to Fender's acquisition of Jackson, they wouldn't build a production 24 fret Rhoads, and certainly not an import so the Alexi fanboys could actually afford one.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks for the heads up VitaminG,I do want to have my Jackson information correct.
                          Last edited by highvoltage; 01-04-2010, 07:39 PM.

Comment

no problem, highvoltage. It seems people are very quick to pile on "Post Fender" Jackson, but I wonder how acquainted many were with Jackson under AMIC. Fender have done a good job revitalising the brand. Before the acquisition, Jackson wasn't even advertising in the guitar mags and a lot of their endorsee roster were leaving for brands like ESP & Dean. Now all the import models have name brand pickups & upgraded trems, a number of signature model guitars & basses are available, US Charvels are back in production, people like Scott Ian & Corey from Trivium are returning to the fold, Mike Learn is doing state of the art graphics for them as well as having old school guys like Mike Shannon & Dan Lawrence on board, the website has never looked better, and you can actually find new Jacksons in guitar shops again.

The company may still do things we don't like, but the brand hasn't been this healthy in years.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Welcome to the club. RR24's are sick.
                              I'm back bitches!!!

Gear:
                              ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black
                              Agile Al 3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/Blackouts
                              Blackstar Soloist HT60
                              Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
                              Seymour Duncan 805

Comment

Working...