Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New on Forum - need help identifying Dinky!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New on Forum - need help identifying Dinky!

Hey JCF guys!

I am new on this forum, so i guess i'd like to start off by presenting myself. My online screen name is Fender. I guess il go ahead and say that although i like Fender's i am not a trend whore or in any way biased. In fact, i've had many guitars and so far the only brand i swear by on a daily basis is Ibanez, but i digress. So i joined here to see what it's like and get in touch with some of the new products. The last Jackson i bought was a white Dinky DK2M with the maple fretboard. I love maple, and i couldn't seem to find a Jackson with one. I bought new on the sprint. I liked it, but eventually i was becoming bloted with guitars so i got rid of my Dinky and others to make space. My first Jackson was a Pro Series Kelly with flame hard top. God damn i loved that guitar. I miss it still. Shape was amazing, it was a comfy play too. I think i sold it to make money to buy my first Jem, which i also no longer have. Anyways, now i am selling an early 90's BC rich Warlock and am about to buy another Dinky. This one however, is hard to say for sure. From what i understood from pictures and from the guitars i saw at the local music shops is that the Jacksons with chrome hardware that aren't USA`s are generally JS models. However, i was under the impression that only the Pro Series could be sold with binding and graphics.

This is the guitar i want to buy. I have a good deal for it. Looks nice, and i've been dying for a HSS with floyd in my set up. What i want to know is this a Pro Series with chrome hardware or is this a really nice JS model. I'd only buy it if it is a pro series, from what i understand and noticed the JS models are of lower quality and usually built in Korea i think ?

Anyways, here it is!

Any help i get is MUCH appreciated - Thank you!

Welcome to the forum. That's indeed a Pro Series DK2. The newer models have black hardware.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'd part-with up to $500 for that axe.

Comment

yep... dk2, I have one too.
        yermsayin?

Comment

It almost looks like the pick ups say Duncan Design. I really want to make sure they are duncans, but then again i'd swap them out. I'm a dimarzio guy . Well then i guess i should go for it, thank you guys!

Comment

The old models indeed do have Duncan Designed pups.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

So it's still made in Japan and a Pro Series guitar. Is it built with similar quality as the newer ones? Cause like i said, i dont care much for Duncan pick-ups, they will find themselves in my duncan droor (i must 20 brand new duncans shelved lol)

Comment

Nice Skully!
                was looking for one of those when I scored my black DK2.
                Thanks for sharing.
                And Welcome to the Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
                  So it's still made in Japan and a Pro Series guitar. Is it built with similar quality as the newer ones?
                  no...because the newer DK2's come with real duncans (which don't matter to you), and better hardware I think. Somehow I remember the black hardware being slightly better quality that the chrome.

I'm not sure if you can get that graphic in newer models. It might be discontinued.

Comment

BTW The JS models ARE of lower quality (they are entry level Jacksons) and are made in India.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

But again just to be sure, despite having chrome hardware and duncan designs, this guitar is a pro series Japanese made guitar ? or is it a really nice cheaper JS series ? I going to buy it probably this week.

Comment

It's a Japan-made Pro model, as was stated before.

None of the JS series have graphics, and as far as I know, none have double-locking trems or sharkfin inlays.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well it's official. I should be picking her up in a bit. Il post pics and share with you guys when i get back. Probably not the most exciting guitar on these parts, but Jacksons are hard to find in my neck of the wood. I see a tad more old Charvels and came close to buying a model 6. Tad bit pricey from his end, he wanted 600 and im sure i could get another one for 300-400 tops. The guy i am buying the Skull from was out for the week end, and i came close to buying another Ibby. I have a week spot for early Rg550`s. I've had Jems and all kinds of great guitars, but between a jem and an Rg550 id keep the RG. It's cheaper, plays the same besides not having the dimarzios, and you don't mind bringing it to venues cause if shit happens, you're only out a couple hundred.

Comment

Working...
                          X