Help With Country Of Origin For My New Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Country Of Origin For My New Guitar

So first off hello, I'm a newbie to the forum and Jackson guitars in general. I don't discriminate, though I have been doing time with Dean V's as of late. So this past weekend in a three way swap I left with a DXMG. Gloss black, Dinky style, reverse headstock, shark fins, EMG HZ's, and Jackson FLT. Anyway, my serial number is 01061806, I've been through all the import number threads and am lost. The guitar plays well after a quick setup, but the HZ's aren't really doing it for me. Before I began searching for pickups I'd like to know if the swap is even worth it? If my guitar is not Japanese or Korean I don't know if I could justify the money for a JB + 59 swap. What do you think?

Sounds like an older Indian model. Newer ones have real EMGs and a 9 digit serial number (made in Japan). The only thing that throws me is the shark fins. I believe the DKMG had piranha inlays.
    My gear
    87 Charvel Model 6
    86 Charvel Model 4
    93 Jackson RR EX
    93 Jackson Kelly STD
    88 Ibanez RG560
    99 Schecter Diamond C-7
    Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

Originally posted by Glave View Post
      Sounds like an older Indian model. Newer ones have real EMGs and a 9 digit serial number (made in Japan). The only thing that throws me is the shark fins. I believe the DKMG had piranha inlays.
      Thanks for the response, you are right the DKMG did have the pirahna's. I'm pretty sure all DXMG had shark fins. The guitar seems solid but I don't know about an Indian built guitar, who knows though, back in the day we all considered Japanese guitars to be cheaply put together

Comment

Originally posted by Damian View Post
        my serial number is 01061806, I've been through all the import number threads and am lost.
        Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ:

:Go to the third type, titled "8 digit serials" and read the section further down titled "1998 the Indian X series". It looks like you have a 2001 MII Jackson.
        Help build a Jackson serial number database by submitting your serial number to: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101351

The Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101353

Comment

Originally posted by kc7txm View Post
          Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ:

:Go to the third type, titled "8 digit serials" and read the section further down titled "1998 the Indian X series". It looks like you have a 2001 MII Jackson.
          thanks for all the help, by the way if I pull the neck what additional information would be shown? Is it anything significant?

Comment

Originally posted by Damian View Post
            thanks for all the help, by the way if I pull the neck what additional information would be shown? Is it anything significant?
            You may find the date or some code, I have not had much luck with the India Jacksons as far as getting a date. Your best chance is with the X series ones (like yours) as some of them have dates, but most that I have seen / pulled do not.

If you pull it off, take a pic and post it.
            Help build a Jackson serial number database by submitting your serial number to: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101351

The Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101353

Comment

Originally posted by kc7txm View Post
              You may find the date or some code, I have not had much luck with the India Jacksons as far as getting a date. Your best chance is with the X series ones (like yours) as some of them have dates, but most that I have seen / pulled do not.

If you pull it off, take a pic and post it.
              Thanks, I will definatley post pics when I change strings again

Comment

Working...
              X