Used guitar YAY or NAY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used guitar YAY or NAY?

Hi, I'm new to these forums and nobody at UG could give me any good information so i thought i'd come here.

I found this guy selling his DKMG (Blue, with a turbocharger which i think is an older model) he replaced his pickups for Dave Mustaine Livewire actives and hes asking 500$

I was thinking of offering 450$ Is it worth it? how much should i offer?(If its good and i like it :P)

ps. What exactly does a "turbocharger" do? does it work with passives only?

Last edited by Dosu25; 01-06-2010, 04:33 PM.

to me it's work around 350-400.

Comment

Hes offering 500$. Do you think he'll let it go for 400?
      (he doesn't use it because he got a soloist)

Comment

Turbo Charger is a gain booster that'll work with both active and passive pickups. I think it's worth around $500, but see if he'll take less.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I

I agree...

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post

Comment

There is 3 with floyds for sale at GC online for $400 and under. And 2 of them have nicer finishes.

Comment

It's also upgraded with Duncan Mustaine Livewires, though.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Dosu25 View Post
                Hi, I'm new to these forums and nobody at UG could give me any good information
                Sounds about right for UG.

I'd normally say $350-$400 but with Livewires $450 is reasonable. $500 isn't terrible but I would see if you can talk him down to $450 or $400. It is a $200 set of pickups after all that you could always sell if you don't like.
                "Dear Dr. Bill,
                I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

+2

Comment

There is 3 with floyds for sale at GC online for $400 and under. And 2 of them have nicer finishes.
                    I live in Canada (Anyone watch the world junior hockey game :P)

Comment

given that you live outside the US, you can expect a bit of fat on the price. I think $450-500 sounds reasonable
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

You're good at your offer.
                        I have a DKMGT (no trem, it is a string through) and although it is not a USA Jackson...it is a real solid guitar.

It has become my #1 player, and that name has gone through a LOT of guitars.

Comment

$500 for an archtop DKMG with Mustaine Livewires and in good shape is a fair price for both the buyer and the seller, as long as it has what you're looking for and you like what the guitar is/has/does.

Don't worry about raping the guy on price just to join the "I got a bargain" club, and don't worry about "well I want to make a few bucks if I sell it later on".
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Go for it but as everyone has said try too get it 400-450
                            yermsayin?

Comment

I remember when these could be had for $200 (w/o case) on ebay all day long 3 years ago. Is this including a case? Put in $100 worth of pickups and now it's $500? My math must be bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X