Good deal for this Kelly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deal for this Kelly?

I was at guitar center the other night and there has been this blue kelly there for like a year now and I remember it used to be about maybe $350ish and I always wanted it. But now its only $199. not sure what model it is, though I believe it may be a PS6T. Has a Schaller copy Floyd, black hw, 1 vol, 1 p.u. selector. Ive always wanted a kelly. Should I go for it?

heres a pic

Last edited by TheZombieRitual; 01-19-2010, 07:28 PM.
    1990 Charvel 275DLX
    1993 Ibanez RG470
    2005 Ibanez RG7321
    2007 Ibanez RG120

I think but not sure, that the PS6T has dot inlays. Might be a KE3. I would snag it if it was me. And I wanted another KE3.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I would say to try to talk them down but they don't budge. Not even a little. I couldn't even get a set of strings on an ax I bought. But that was the one near me.... I assume they are all like that.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I'll bet it's JK-20 pro from around 2000, a musicians friend special, made in indonesia, do you know the S#. are you sure the trem should be a JT-500.
        METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Note to newbs: always record the serial #s

If that is a JK-20, I'd put value at closer to $ 150
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

for 2 bills.. if you like it and it plays good grab it?
            yermsayin?

Comment

Country of origin?
              8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

I assume you mean the bridge is a copy of the Schaller floyd. Which is the JT-500 like jacksonaxes said. It's definitely not a PS6T, they were all dot inlays. I agree with the JK20 id.
                Just a note that may help (i doubt it with GC though), If you go to used gear, search "jackson kelly", and sort by price low to high, the third on down is far and away a better deal for the same price. Kelly Professional Std., blue flame top, dimebucker, for $199. It's in Plano Texas but maybe if you mention it to them, they'll come down on the price. From my experience with the MF specials (my opinion), you will need new pickups, and you'll have to decide if the JT-500 works for you. I've had OK ones and bad ones. But at the very least, the base of the guitar (body, neck) seems good and it'd be a solid project.
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

okay if its there next time i go up ill be sure to get the s/n and actually play it since i didnt get to last time since i didnt have much time.

and yes i meant a copy of the schaller floyd, just worded it wrong.
                  1990 Charvel 275DLX
                  1993 Ibanez RG470
                  2005 Ibanez RG7321
                  2007 Ibanez RG120

Comment

Working...
                  X