Jackson dr-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson dr-3

Are they any good? I have found one for sale at a good price and I'm thinking of buying it.

Thanks in advance

They are decent guitars. I wouldn't mind owning one
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

should be TRS floyd and duncan designs

its a japan built jackson, should be damn good build quality, you can always replace the bridge and pups

Comment

Better than an Ibanez rg570?

Comment

W

What's better mean?

RG570 will have the Wizard neck (thin)...crap PuPs...and an awesome trem (Edge). DR3 has a bit wider and ever so slightly thicker neck with crap PuPs and an average quality trem.

The kicker for me is the 22-24 fret access on the RG...IF it has the AANJ.

Originally posted by AndreasD View Post
          Better than an Ibanez rg570?

Comment

I can't say if the DR-3 is better because I've never tried a comparable Ibanez, but I have a Dinky Reverse Pro/DR-3 Professional mutt and love it. Mine has the black "graphite" finish over ash, so it sounds a bit different from the typical basswood or alder Dinky - tighter bass response mostly.
            sigpic

Comment

Can

Can you describe the ash a little more? I have a Profesional Reverse in Blue Graphite with the ash body...and I'm thinking of selling it because of what I have read about ash...

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
              I can't say if the DR-3 is better because I've never tried a comparable Ibanez, but I have a Dinky Reverse Pro/DR-3 Professional mutt and love it. Mine has the black "graphite" finish over ash, so it sounds a bit different from the typical basswood or alder Dinky - tighter bass response mostly.

Comment

Working...
              X